harsh c&c

RKC

Name
Bob
Edit My Images
Yes
be as harsh or nice as you like, really trying to get hang of this bird stuff so all c&c welcome

3633848698_aa8172d1fb_o.jpg

I like the pose, the sky is too saturated but the focus is wrong, the branch is pin sharp but the bird isn't. Always try to get the eye sharp, not easy I know but it is traditionally what is expected in a bird shot.

I like the pose, the sky is too saturated but the focus is wrong, the branch is pin sharp but the bird isn't. Always try to get the eye sharp, not easy I know but it is traditionally what is expected in a bird shot.

Agree, you cannot alter the focus now but you could tone down the sky to make the bird stand out more.

Nice capture.imo if bg was not so bright it would bring the bird out more. but you cant always get bg you want ,thank you

Agree, you cannot alter the focus now but you could tone down the sky to make the bird stand out more.

thank you very much for feedback
firstly background, will have a look at toning it down
focusing, what i tried to do was pre focus an area using a fluffy toy sit back with remote
think i am going to have to work a way of getting in garden without them seeing me and try for the eyes

thanks again

:agree: In saying that, this shot is far superior to anything I got when I first started out, so long as you take on board any pointers people give you, then you will be improving in no time ;)

:agree: In saying that, this shot is far superior to anything I got when I first started out, so long as you take on board any pointers people give you, then you will be improving in no time ;)

thanks rich, always listen to what has been said, shall persevere

A good shot to post, well done on getting this far and taking all the crits in the way they were meant. If you have Nyger seed feeders and sunflower hearts the goldfinches will hang around for ever.

I find they are one of the first birds to arrive and the last to be frightened away. So you stand a good chance of getting closer :)

Nice shot, could be a little bit sharper.

I personally would crop a tad off the RHS and a couple of inches off the LHS to give an upright format.

Must agree I'm affraid, nice shot though, would work with the sky toned down a bit.

A good shot to post, well done on getting this far and taking all the crits in the way they were meant. If you have Nyger seed feeders and sunflower hearts the goldfinches will hang around for ever.

I find they are one of the first birds to arrive and the last to be frightened away. So you stand a good chance of getting closer :)

Nice shot, could be a little bit sharper.

I personally would crop a tad off the RHS and a couple of inches off the LHS to give an upright format.

Must agree I'm affraid, nice shot though, would work with the sky toned down a bit.

thank you all for commenting,

Back