Harsh early light..

Gav.

Challenge Owner
Name
Gav
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

The light was evil this morning, so was this Hare! .. After weeks of tracking the group and never being able to get close enough, this fluffy little Smeg decided to sit in my pocket!

Thank you for looking

Incoming!!

Incoming
by Gavin Wickham, on Flickr

Incoming 2

Stopped in the shadows

I know you're there

Paused in the grass

oh.. Grass

Looking back...

What..

What.. 2

Circled back ..

Leave now!

Here's another having a nap with an ear to the world :)

Sleeping

Wildlife is a tough gig, the hours often bring little reward. When it comes though and you get these magical moments, minutes if you're lucky, the long hours become worth it.

You've pursued these for sometime now Gav and I've seen you progress. Yeah, the light is harsh but that's out of your control. Just being able to spend time with these creatures and have them so close and relaxed, speaks volumes.

Well done.

Number 6 reminds me of our dog, she sometimes gets that 'whatever' look too.

Number 4 is my pick here. (y)

Wildlife is a tough gig, the hours often bring little reward. When it comes though and you get these magical moments, minutes if you're lucky, the long hours become worth it.

You've pursued these for sometime now Gav and I've seen you progress. Yeah, the light is harsh but that's out of your control. Just being able to spend time with these creatures and have them so close and relaxed, speaks volumes.

Well done.

Number 6 reminds me of our dog, she sometimes gets that 'whatever' look too.

Number 4 is my pick here. (y)
Thank you, Dale.

It is, but if it came easy, it would soon get boring :LOL:

I could see my cat in the way they were laying & looking at me.

First time I've ever seen one having dust bath too.

Thank you, Dale.

It is, but if it came easy, it would soon get boring :LOL:

I could see my cat in the way they were laying & looking at me.

First time I've ever seen one having dust bath too.
By dust bath you mean rollin' on it's back 4 in the air? Good idn't it if that is what you meant Gav.been meaning to ask you if you see this for eons buddy.I see it regular with some hare pops not so much in others.

Mate is the portrait a crop love it and also the lounging out image.......................them dozing like that and the rolling around back scratchiing are sort of my nemisis Gav I just miss both over an over I never really get there fast enough . Do have some frames but never quite what i'm questing for

TFS

"Excellent" set of wildlife style captures Gav, liking all of these very much.

By dust bath you mean rollin' on it's back 4 in the air? Good idn't it if that is what you meant Gav.been meaning to ask you if you see this for eons buddy.I see it regular with some hare pops not so much in others.
It was rubbing the side of its head and shoulders into the dust and then started flopping side to side and wriggling on its back, I'm guessing scent marking plus using dust to clean oils and greases from its fluff..?

Mate is the portrait a crop love it and also the lounging out image.......................them dozing like that and the rolling around back scratchiing are sort of my nemisis Gav I just miss both over an over I never really get there fast enough . Do have some frames but never quite what i'm questing for

TFS
The portrait has had a small crop (10-20% off?) to remove some of the hares back as I'd cut it in half, so looked neater as above, feet were missing too..

I missed loads today, just couldn't get in close enough fast enough ..

Thank you.

Back