Hartlepool Headland

Edit My Images
No
Weird sunrise this morning, didn't last very long before the sun went behind the clouds.
Thought I would continue along the north east coast again :)

headland.jpg

that is marvellous - well caught! :clap:

it looks kind of fake, is it natural?

It is :) long exposure with six stop nd filter and a three stop grad, the raw came out very strong red, after auto adjusting the white balance it brought out the nice purples. I don't mess with the colours in my shots, just added a touch of saturation. The brightness has made the edges dark.

The clouds were all puffy like that for a few minutes then faded away. The 25sec exposure has added to the blurriness as they were moving and smoothed out the waves which were coming over the rocks.

The colours wern't that strong when I was stood there and of course there were no black edges lol If it looked like that in real life it would have been the apocalypse :)

Great shot Ian, well worth the early start :).

Your early start paid off. Good camera work coupled with restrained pp has produced an excellent picture.
Well done.

Absolutely stunning Ian!!! (y)
Night shift? :LOL:
What did this shot look like with the Reds as the main colour rather than the purples? Its someting you could experiment with all day if you wanted to.

lol yep nightshift, that 4am finish and nothing to do but take pictures :)

Quick sharpen up and levels with the whitebalance left as shot: this one hasn't had the horizon straightened either lol

hh.jpg

Back