Harvard

Dangermouse

Squeaky Clean
Edit My Images
No
Taken at the Sherburn VV day

DSC_0147.jpg

Last edited:
Rather nice DM! good blur too! The colours left a little to be desired, and more could be made of the plane. Here's a two minute PP of the image:

dm.jpg

Great shots DM, both could do with some photoshop love though, they're a bit flat at the moment.

I havent had time to play with them yet they are straight out of the box but will have a dabble with them sometime this week as I am on holiday now yipee plus my face is sore with sunburn ....it was brighter than it seemed lol

Last edited:
Really strange day, the sun was bright but the shots are taken against dark low clouds with no break in them it looks a dull miserable sky but I have 3rd degree sunburn on my face lol

Rather nice DM! good blur too! The colours left a little to be desired, and more could be made of the plane. Here's a two minute PP of the image:

dm.jpg

The edit does nothing for the shot the paintwork now looks metalic and to light and the sky isnt natural it looks psycadelic:shrug:

The edit does nothing for the shot the paintwork now looks metalic and to light and the sky isnt natural it looks psycadelic:shrug:

Fair enough mate, the original looks a bit flat to me, this is a critique thread after all.

I think I'd agree with that though. Pushed too far. Have you tried the contrast masking technique in the tutorials section? Might help.

Come on Pete, that's a little harsh I think. The edit does add something to the shot - remember all images are subjective though. Looks like you had a good day out though.

ok I will go away and smoke some drugs to see if it makes the sky that colour:thinking:maybe not but the sky is gray in the original because it was grey and its a true represantation of what I shot

ok I will go away and smoke some drugs to see if it makes the sky that colour:thinking:maybe not but the sky is gray in the original because it was grey and its a true represantation of what I shot

Fair enough, my critque should have read that a boring sky need not make for a boring photo. The edit I did was only a two minute job on your low resolution post to so some of the images potential. Even a simple "Auto Levels" adjustment would have brought out the colours and improved the contrast somewhat...

Up to you if you prefer to post shots straight from the camera I suppose but the image certainly isn't as good as it could be.

Fair enough, my critque should have read that a boring sky need not make for a boring photo. The edit I did was only a two minute job on your low resolution post to so some of the images potential. Even a simple "Auto Levels" adjustment would have brought out the colours and improved the contrast somewhat...

Up to you if you prefer to post shots straight from the camera I suppose but the image certainly isn't as good as it could be.

Fair comment Rob but I do like to put them on straight out of the camera and if people want to play around with them and in all fairness maybe I was a bit harsh on the edit as you did only have the 800pxl one to play with if you would like a proper go I could send the original to you(y)

quick edit

DSC_0147-1.jpg

Last edited:
Thats now too blue :p - The whites are no longer pure white. The original just looked like it needed a quick play on the levels, a small adjustment on the contrast and a sharpen.

I'd look at editing for the sky and the plane separately (y)

Back