Harvest Time

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Hoped for a great sunrise at this location, but there was too much cloud to get any colour in the sky.

I watched a small break in the clouds head towards the slowly rising sun for 30 minutes and had around a minute to capture the field with some soft light on it.

At least I had plenty of time to figure out a composition I liked :)

Summer Harvest by Dave Semmens, on Flickr

Very, very nice.
Compositionally, I love the balance and that the horizon intersects in the minimal trunk area and not the canopy.
Lots to look at.
Nice exposure balance too in sky and field.
I'd be reet chuffed with that !

Agree with the others. Really nice. This particular time of year is lovely for images like this. Golden fields, occasionally dramatic skies, and the odd tree a farmer has left lying around

Good stuff.

One of the best bale shots I have ever seen Dave. I think having to wait for the light was a blessing in disguise for you to be honest, giving that more golden yellow colour palette on the bales. Makes me think I've been going wrong trying to do them at sunset with crazy skies.

One of the best bale shots I have ever seen Dave. I think having to wait for the light was a blessing in disguise for you to be honest, giving that more golden yellow colour palette on the bales. Makes me think I've been going wrong trying to do them at sunset with crazy skies.
Thanks Craig - the extra time was very useful with the composition as well. I have never struggled so much with trying to find something that I liked.

I must have tweaked the tripod height and position 20 times while waiting for the sun to come through the gap :)

Back