Has anyone dealt with Simply Electronics?

I have heard many bad reports about them, looked at buying a genuine Canon battery grip from them a few weeks back and people saying online that they got sent fake ones! If you could them and add review at the end it shows the amount of warning and scam messages that comes up on forum posts is unreal...

Used them a few years ago for a Panasonic lens. It came from Hong Kong to Edinburgh in 3 days, at a good price with all duties paid by them.

I've got a Sigma 15mm f2.8 fisheye on order from them. Their price was approx. £150 cheaper than a UK supplier. Whilst they were showing stock on their web site it ha taken a few working days to make it through to being despatched.

I ordered a E mount 55-210 from Expedite Electronics which are the same company over the weekend, notification for dispatch came yesterday and was collected by Parcelforce today on express 24 hr so should have it tomorrow, lots of average reviews and a lot of fake 5star reviews but dig deep enough among them there were decent amount of good reviews, if all else fails I paid via credit card and paypal and the amount saved was worth the hassle.

My Sigma 15mm f2.8 Fisheye was delivered today. Well packaged and in perfect condition. The whole process from order to delivery was slower than I've experienced from Panamoz but I have no other complaints.

Bought my 7d mkII and 100-400mm II from them, no problems.

can I ask what you paid and how you're finding the camera?

For not much more than a 70D in the UK, i means I could have the better 'newer' 7DmkII which would last me ages!

tnx

I order a 16-35 from them. All good apart from it took 2 weeks to be delivered. I ordered a 6d body from panamoz the same day and that took only 3 days to arrive.

Bought my 1dx from them as they were cheaper than Digitalrev by quite a margin. Took 10 days to arrive and no paper manual but was £600 cheaper . Paid by Paypal pay after delivery so was covered that way. Have bought from Digitalrev before who are a lot faster but this time they were too expensive.

I have bought two lens from them,never arrived and I had to chase for a refund which I did get in the end.

When I was new to the world of DSLR, I bought a couple of lenses from them. The website stated that they were in stock which was not the case. Lengthy phonecalls ensued which finally resulted in the appearance of one of the lenses while the other took another 3 weeks or more to arrive. Their prices are good but I think that perhaps " for a few dollars ( read GBP ) more ", you would do well to consider another trader like Panamoz or HDew. Panamoz's customer service is reputed to be second to none and any issues arising with equipment are speedily and fairly dealt with. I'm not too sure that if you have a problem with something sourced through Simply Electronics, they will not simply leave you wondering if you were going to get any satisfaction. You can also buy pre-used with confidence from decent suppliers like MPB or ApertureUK.

Last edited:
Sigma 150-600 C for canon delivered in couple of weeks, great price, beat everybody by over £100 inc other importers.

Useless customer service. Never actually answered email queries with any details, rang their posted numbers at the tes listed - never answered.

Lost sale. Never again.

I just found that I have a 4% discount with them through my work. Might try them out if it works out cheaper than DR/Panamoz next time I'm buying something.

Back