Has anyone else noticed the face book trend of........

Cobra

In Memoriam. TPer Emeritus
Admin
Name
The real Chris
Edit My Images
No
........... "Liking" your own comments?
WTF is that all about hedonism perhaps?

Still, Oedipus "liked" his mother :D

no

the trend that's getting me is the "amazing!" comment, for very ordinary pictures, songs, clips etc

the trend that's getting me is the "amazing!" comment, for very ordinary pictures, songs, clips etc
Yeah but they are a "given" :D

Maybe its just my weird circle of acquaintances then :D

Have notice a few weirdos on your friends list, like the one that repeats herself on here @Cg_Girl :p

Of course you do have the one normal one :D

I did read somewhere that it's due to the way that Facebook now adds to the news feed of your friends. If you don't 'like' the post you have just made, it may get missed from your friends feeds. Liking it ensures the algorithm picks it up.

I did read somewhere that it's due to the way that Facebook now adds to the news feed of your friends. If you don't 'like' the post you have just made, it may get missed from your friends feeds. Liking it ensures the algorithm picks it up.
I didn't know that :rolleyes:

FFS!

Something I have frequently noticed is when someone has included their maiden name as part of their facebook identity and they write it like:

Joanne Bloggs was Smith.

I have not once seen the word née used in anyone's name.
Is this format something Facebook insists on or is it, at least anecdotally, that people are ignorant of the correct word?

Is this format something Facebook insists on or is it, at least anecdotally, that people are ignorant of the correct word?
Now you come to mention it, I've noticed that too.
I guess its just a word that's gone out of fashion?

Something I have frequently noticed is when someone has included their maiden name as part of their facebook identity and they write it like:

Joanne Bloggs was Smith.

It happens automatically when you change your name (as in when a lady gets married and changes her name)

Joanne Bloggs was Smith.

no its just that the majority of the users are girls or women ignorance comes nowhere near it .,NUFF SAID :woot::woot::woot:

I laugh at my own jokes sometimes............Well I do if they are funny....

Or if you're an attention whore you can always "like" your own posts to get peoples attention again...Me? I'm no whore...

None of my friends do that thankfully. The newsfeed is crap though. I have to keep changing it to most recent in the app as I don't want fb deciding what's important as they're consistently wrong. Browser keeps most recent setting.

Or if you're an attention whore you can always "like" your own posts to get peoples attention again...Me? I'm no whore...
Is this where I hit the like button on that post?
:D

I laugh at my own jokes sometimes............Well I do if they are funny....
I don't tend to do that, I've heard most of them before TBH :D

Back