Has anyone here been to the Faroe Isles?

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
Thinking about going somewhere a bit different not a million miles away and remembered my daughter mentioning the Faroes in the past, so any info would be much appreciated.

Have read a few bits online, but as ever first hand experience is usually the most valuable resource

Thanks
Rich

No..............................:)

Have been to Skye but that was 30yrs ago. It was................nice.

Thinking about going somewhere a bit different not a million miles away and remembered my daughter mentioning the Faroes in the past, so any info would be much appreciated.

Have read a few bits online, but as ever first hand experience is usually the most valuable resource

Thanks
Rich

I haven't been but know people that have. It's a wonderfully remote country but with that comes extreme weather conditions; I'm talking bright, sunny day to rain or fog within a matter of minutes.

It's also fairly expensive, but I guess that's to be expected.

I haven't been but know people that have. It's a wonderfully remote country but with that comes extreme weather conditions; I'm talking bright, sunny day to rain or fog within a matter of minutes.
It's also fairly expensive, but I guess that's to be expected.

My interest has been piqued, i'm no lover of hot weather so sounds like this could be a good place to visit in the summer.

Apparently we undertook a friendly invasion during WW2, fish and chips along with Cadburys Dairy Milk remain popular, not a bad legacy

I've been, it's certainly an interesting place! Very remote, interesting landscapes and a very gentle pace of life. I'd definitely recommend it if those are things you like!

Thanks Paul, sounds just about perfect then. May I ask please how did you travel there, sea or air and where from?

Thanks
Rich

Hi Rich - yes I've been. It's superb. I went to do a documentary picture set on football in the Faroes - blog post incl lots of pics here.

I also wrote an article on the non-football side of things which was more landscape photography related which you can find here. There's also a slideshow at the end of this post, and it includes hotel info and so on.

And I did a very badly edited video as well, which is here and should give you an idea of the place...

Any questions, let me know by PM.

Thanks for your reply Andy, that is really excellent and glad I asked on here now, will check out all the information in detail

My daughter went to Shetland a couple or so years back and this looks similar in some ways when compared to the photos she took.

Already checked out flights and appears you can fly direct from Gatwick (just started your first blog and mentions it there so reckon I got it right) in the summer, seriously considering it for July or August

Thanks again for your help
Rich

Last edited:
Just don't try to get out there for the eclipse next March! ;)

Back