Has anyone used cameraworld.uk?

Edit My Images
No
Having just got myself tooled up with an FE2 I'm now looking at film.
Has anyone used cameraworld.uk?
Their prices for Kodak Portra 400 seem so far cheaper than anyone else it made me stop before I ordered.
Thanks

Sorry it is cameraworld.CO.uk
I think their Wells Street shop might be closed at the moment but for £45 for 5 rolls plus £5 postage I'll give them a go.
Many thanks for the replies.

Harrisons have Portra 400 (120) for £44.95. Postage is free for orders over £30 too (or £2.95 for orders below £30).

Used Cameraworld a few times, both online and at their Wells St shop (when we lived near that London). Competitive prices, good service.

Thanks again everyone.
Unfortunately it's the 35mm I need, which is an eye-watering £69.99 not the 120.
Harrisons have Portra 400 (120) for £44.95. Postage is free for orders over £30 too (or £2.95 for orders below £30).

I do like Harrisons.
They're not far from Bramall Lane.

I use Cameraworld in Chelmsford, very good service, I have found them to be a very good and helpful company to deal with.

Thanks again everyone.
Unfortunately it's the 35mm I need, which is an eye-watering £69.99 not the 120.

I do like Harrisons.
They're not far from Bramall Lane.

The £45 for Portra seems good, I paid £60 from amazon a few weeks back (but included postage) but the camera world one with £5 delivery is good!

Funnily enough, today I’ve been sorting out a load of old paperwork and I found a receipt from 2013 and I’d ordered a 5 pack of Portra 400 and it was only £27, I do hope the same rate of inflation doesn’t carry on:eek:

I'm annoyed that I didn't buy more Portra160 120 and Ektar 120 (five pack) when it was going for about £23 -£24 from 7dayshop only two or three years ago. If film was cheaper only a few years ago why is it a lot more expensive now as it does seem simple to the layman as if you are producing film 2 or 3 years ago (at a cheaper price) then you just ramp up production with existing machinery to meet the demand so where are the extra costs involved...even Kodak film in the US has shot up in price.
erm Kodak\Fuji please respond to talkphotography ;)

Last edited:
I'm not with Kodak, Harman et al, and not even employed, but have wages gone up at all in the last few years, either here or overseas where things like silver are presumably mined? Have any taxes or duties been raised in the same time period? Have transport costs for importing raw materials risen? Has the cost of silver risen for any reason? If the answer to all these is a resounding "no!" then perhaps there aren't any additional costs.

Camera World are great, I’ve used bith the Wells St shop and ordered on-line. Highly recommended.

Before ordering online check with them that the item is actually in stock. I ordered a camera from them last week for next day delivery. The order was confirmed. Later in the day I contacted them to make sure I would receive the item next day only to be told that it was out of stock!

I'm not with Kodak, Harman et al, and not even employed, but have wages gone up at all in the last few years, either here or overseas where things like silver are presumably mined? Have any taxes or duties been raised in the same time period? Have transport costs for importing raw materials risen? Has the cost of silver risen for any reason? If the answer to all these is a resounding "no!" then perhaps there aren't any additional costs.

Well it can't be silver as although silver is at the highest price now and by my calc one 35mm 36 exp roll uses about 19p worth of silver...and would think labs filter out the silver an re sell it?

Last edited:
The cost of silver in a roll of film isn't relevant, it's the cost of mining silver in general. A lot of areas that produce silver are war zones or areas of economic problems so consequently the price has risen. It's the same with copper, I have worked at Screwfix for nearly 3 years and copper prices have trebled in that time.

Back