Has anyone used these backgrounds?

Never had any problems with mine against a wall, it's pretty sturdy when you get the hang of it.

Hey Dman, i saw these on the website a while ago and it looked tiny but totally convinced to get one now!! love the last pics of little boy and girl, it looks great, can i ask what light set up you have for this? im going to try to set it up in my house but unsure of the lighting scheme? :)

Those were taken with two lights, the G2 Elemental kit. To be fair, it's not always as easy to get those shots, these particular ones were taken with daylight coming in from behind the lights, when dark outside the background isn't as white, although it's easily done with Photoshop after.

Look at the pictures again and tilt the screen upwards slightly, you'll see the light isn't completely even across the background but to the naked eye you wouldn't realise, and A3 prints come out great.

Three lights would be ideal.

The lighting was £329 from http://www.studio-flash.com/

The background was £125 or thereabouts, and I've just bought a light meter second hand for £90 which for me is going to be essential.

I have one without the train and I can get mine up ok usually by myself (and I'm a crip with knackered arms so an able-body-er should be fine lol) the trouble comes when you try to put it back down again! LOL

Gutted that I didn't get the one with the train now though, but they were out of stock everywhere, nevermind.

Have fun with it :D

I bought one a little while back from another member, it did take me a while to get it up leaning against the wall, but i just hooked it onto a nail now and it will be staying there for a while lol, the train does gather at the bottom, but if you sew/fix a small piece of Velcro either side, on the train and the top of the background you can kind of hang the train to the sides if you get my drift, it still gathers but no half as much, i'm not sure how feasible it is to take to peoples houses, i guess when you get used to assembling and collapsing it, it should be ok, just a bit of trial and error i suppose.

I use it in people's houses, I just give them the dimensions beforehand and make sure they have a wall or window that it can prop against. Never had any problems so far.

Yeah, it's about 8 foot, which is more than enough for me.

Hey im new on here and have read this post with much interest i have only just started getting into photography and am looking into taking portrait shots, i lke the look of the b series mega studio 2 as mentioned by someone else and the collapsible backdrop also mentioned earlier on, is there anything else i would need? I currently have own a nikon d70s and an sb600 flashgun, any help would be very much appreciated!
thanks matt

Hey im new on here and have read this post with much interest i have only just started getting into photography and am looking into taking portrait shots, i lke the look of the b series mega studio 2 as mentioned by someone else and the collapsible backdrop also mentioned earlier on, is there anything else i would need? I currently have own a nikon d70s and an sb600 flashgun, any help would be very much appreciated!
thanks matt

If your going to use a white background like the one mentioned you will need either a studio light or 2, or another speedlight, this will help you blow the background out completely white, also a reflector is always handy, otherwise with just the one light on your subject, the background can have a tendency to come out a greyish colour which doesn't give such a nice effect.

Back