has everybody got a COLOUR shot done yet?

Matt

TPer Emeritus
Name
matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Mines done, just getting it ready for entering, who else has got one ready to submit??

Not had time yet i'm afraid? WHen's the deadline? WOrks been mad this past week, and i've got a million things to do this weekend. :(

you got another week yet i think....

/scurries off to check

*edit* 14th march!

Know what i want to do. And will envour to get it done in the next week. A couple of thing need to come together for it to work though. Will have to have an emergency back up plan.

I'm going to try and do mine today.

I have the idea, its just putting it on the sensor.

I have just got back guys and checked the entries that are in so far...interesting :LOL:

So far there is a poor turn out for this round and we really need to get the numbers up, if you have a picture that you feel fits the theme and was taken recently please get it in to me via competition@thephotographyforums.com before the closing date of midnight on the 14th March. Any entries not in by that date will be disallowed.

With such a low entry count its wide open and everyone has a much higher chance of winning..come on don't be shy.

I will contact everyone who has entered by email during the last week to confirm that I have recieved their entries, just incase any have got lost in webland.

Rules and how to enter again to make it simple for you..

The subject for round one of the photography competition is Colour

Rules and how to enter

Your entry should be reduced to no bigger than 600 pixels along its longest edge. This includes any borders that you may or may not want to add. The size restriction will help protect the images from being stolen/copied and also ensure that all pictures are viewed under the same restrictions.

Post processing and “Photoshop” work can be applied but please do not put your name or forum alias on the picture anywhere, the whole of the voting system relies on members not knowing which entry belongs to which member.

Once you have your entry ready (only one per member and once submitted no changes will be allowed), send it via email to competition@thephotographyforums.com and include your forum name. Any entries received that are to big, have names on the photo itself, do not have the members name included with the email, or that are received after the closing date will be rejected.

The closing date for this round is midnight of the 14th March. Any entries not in by that date will be disallowed.

Once the closing date has passed, all the entries will be numbered and displayed in a “Competition Gallery” for all to view. All members will then have 7days to vote on their favourite three photos using the forums PRIVATE MESSAGE system. Votes for your own entry will again be disallowed and anyone suspected of cheating will have their entry removed from this round of the competition.

I will be handling the running of round one so if you have any specific questions that you may not want to ask on the forums I can be contacted by Private Message. You will also need to contact me by PM with your votes once the entries are displayed. Any other questions/comments can be posted in this thread.

Good luck to everyone..let the fun begin.
:)[/quote]

My entry is in, i very much look forward to seeing what weve all managed to come up with...

So come on those that havent entered, think of something, you dont have to go outside, you can make do like i have, lets have some shots in to really get this going! 8)

My shot was sent last week.

Hope its not just us two that have sent something in Matty.

Steve said:
I have just got back guys and checked the entries that are in so far...interesting :LOL:
:LOL: Mine's arrived then. :wink: :shock:

Matt im told that its not just us! People always need a nudge for things like this though!

I think as Steve cant enter this round it would be interesting if perhaps posted a sample pic that he might have entered, to get some ideas perhaps for those who cant think of anything?

EosD said:
Matt im told that its not just us! People always need a nudge for things like this though!

I think as Steve cant enter this round it would be interesting if perhaps posted a sample pic that he might have entered, to get some ideas perhaps for those who cant think of anything?

Thanks mate, set me up why dont you!!! :shock: :LOL:

I am not usre if thats a good idea as my pictures generally don't get much response, either I am too good to recieve critique (which I know is wrong), or you are frightened to say what you really think of one of the admins work (which I hope is not the case)?

hehe no probs Steve!

Im sure if you posted something, as its part of the competition it might give some of the undecided peeps some inspiration?

I, myself, am torn between 2 shots I just took this morning... decisions... decisions...

Eric

I sent mine in a little while ago. I am fairly sure that I can do better, or at least give it a shot, but I just don't have time at the moment, what with good old uni coursework :)

Kimmett

With just a few days remaining there has only been five entries. This is a little disapointing and I hope its just the bad weather that has made it difficult and keeping people from entering or that you are all waiting till the last minute?? :shock:

Someone (preferably many) please tell me that they are going to enter??

Oh well if it will keep you happy! mine is sent. I've never come as high as 7th in a competition before, this may be a new record for me! :D

Thanks folks it does make me happier :D

There are no losers here, everyone who enters should be a winner and will get some critique and feedback. Thats should help and aid to improve your photography. If you come in the top three as voted for by the members than you get the extra buzz and acolade but if not there will always be next time. One things for certain..you cant gain anything if you dont enter ;)

Steep said:
Oh well if it will keep you happy! mine is sent. I've never come as high as 7th in a competition before, this may be a new record for me! :D
If there are no more entries you will come at least 6th. I promise that. I have seen my entry. :D

lol.gif

Steep said:

I am so glad somebody else picked up on that, as I have seen all the entries submitted so far I would have got in trouble for doing that. :p

EosD said:

Well since you asked I do have this shot taken last week but it not so much colour as colours?

IMG_0731.jpg

Maybe the one below would be better suited to this topic although the DOF is too short to make it a winner..

IMG_0981.jpg

Now I bet that has put the cat amongst the pigeons with the few that have already entered and for the ones that haven’t yet, you still have 5 days remaining. :)

Steve said:
Maybe the one below would be better suited to this topic although the DOF is too short to make it a winner..

Funny how people look at things differently, I think the depth of field on that is what makes it, any more and it would be more of a documentary shot.

i like the second as a picture, but the first is far more colourful!

10 entries in now and 3 days left…

I will pm all the people over the weekend that I have received entries from just in case any have got lost in internet land. I would hate to have someone shout that they entered and the picture not have arrived.

Still time for you to get a last minute shot entered into round one..

*bump*

Come on peeps, couple of days left, you can squeeze a quicky in!

So far I have received 11 entries into the competition. I have just sent a Private Message to each member from whom I have received a entry so if you have not received a PM and have entered, then I have not received your entry. If that’s the case then please resend your photo so that it can be included for this round.

To the ones that have still not entered, you still have 2 days left to get that killer shot submitted. :) Remember it’s only a bit of fun so have a go anyway, you have nothing to lose.

I’d like to thank all those that have so far supported the first round of the competition and can assure everyone else that we have some great submissions already. I am sure that everyone will be as equally impressed as I am by the excellent standard that you have all set.

13 entries and one day left..still have time to get that last minute photograph submitted.

BTW I am glad that I don't have to judge these and pick a winner myself as although they all differ there are some stunning submissions. The scores are going to be interesting....

Round 1 of the competition is now closed. We have had a great response and I must thank the 17 members that took the time and trouble to submit entries.

I will upload the photos into the member’s gallery tonight and make a post on the next stage. It’s now time for everyone to get involved and vote for your three favourites.

I've just not had the time to shoot anything :( I'll try for the next one.

Back