Has my D750 died??

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
Happy easter all

I think my camera may of died this morning

Does this sound like a broken shutter to you? Is there a chance of a resurrection?

The video I took of it is on my stories on instagram, if you wouldn't mind taking a look please?

Ian.carvell

Last edited:
Log in to see photos and videos from friends and discover other accounts you'll love.
I don't do instagram

Have you done the 2 green button re set
Updated the firmware
Cleaned the lens to body contacts
Tried a substitute memory card
Tried a alternative lens
?

Have you done the 2 green button re set
Updated the firmware
Cleaned the lens to body contacts
Tried a substitute memory card
Tried a alternative lens
?
Thanks, tried it all, not working still

Yes, I've seen what looks like the same issue on my D750. Have you removed the lens and looked into the mirror box? With mine the mirror was stuck in the up position and a gently flick with a finger nail sorted it out. It's been fine ever since :) I removed the battery before attampting to mobe the mirror and was careful not to put any excess strain on the mechanism.

Yes, I've seen what looks like the same issue on my D750. Have you removed the lens and looked into the mirror box? With mine the mirror was stuck in the up position and a gently flick with a finger nail sorted it out. It's been fine ever since :) I removed the battery before attampting to mobe the mirror and was careful not to put any excess strain on the mechanism.
Thank you for this :)

I'm not sure if it is in the right position though as it isn't anything I've ever inspected before, I have attached a picture?

Attachments

• 20210406_153551.jpg
    20210406_153551.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 25
It's difficult to tell from the image but it does look like it's in the right position. If you put your thumbnail under the mirror you should be able to lift it a little and it should spring back into place when you remove your thumb.

Be careful! Don't lift the mirror too far or you might damage the mechanism - a mm or two is enough.

Back