Hasselblad users (if any)

Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone used or using a 180mm f4 cf, cfe or cfi.
It's on my radar as a future purchase but not really sure what it is primarily for or if the image quality is any good.

Better still, if anyone has any real world images they'd like to share that would be epic.

I always thought it was quite an odd focal length - 150mm (so 96mm in 35mm equivalent length) always seemed like a much more 'usable' focal length. No real world experience from myself as a result. What would you be primarily interested in shooting - portraits?

In truth I'm not really sure. There are not many long lenses for hasselblads and was wondering if it could get me closer to wildlife.

If your looking for a longer lens Aperature (Camera Museum) https://www.cameramuseum.uk/hasselblad-lenses in London has two 250 and 350mm in their used section.

Dont know what they are like.

PS Not afliated with them just know they sometimes have some nice gear in so had a look.

I always thought it was quite an odd focal length - 150mm (so 96mm in 35mm equivalent length) always seemed like a much more 'usable' focal length. No real world experience from myself as a result. What would you be primarily interested in shooting - portraits?

I guess there will be a few ways of converting from medium format to 135 format as the aspect ratios are different, but I would actually consider 180mm in 6x6cm to be about 96mm in 135 (so quite nice for portraits) rather than 150mm. 150mm would be about 80mm in 135 by my estimation.

I had the 180mm for the Bronica SQ series and it was a nice portrait lens.

Anyone used or using a 180mm f4 cf, cfe or cfi.
It's on my radar as a future purchase but not really sure what it is primarily for or if the image quality is any good.

Better still, if anyone has any real world images they'd like to share that would be epic.

With regard to use, I would say it is intended for portraits. It's relatively long as 6x6cm goes, but it's not really a wildlife lens with crazy reach or anything. Your mileage may vary, but long lenses for 6x6cm and 6x7cm can look great for portraits, but they aren't something I would carry around much because of the size.

As for quality, to my mind, most Hasselblad lenses outperform the photographers using those lenses, so I don't think you will have issues.

Back