Hastings Pier... Is there life in the old dog still????

Edit My Images
Yes
Visited Hastings today with fellow TP member Donutagain to see the old pier or what is left of it. I was interested to see the extent of the carnage, thought behind the visit was to update one of my old blog posts regarding the pier (Follow the link) http://www.nigelwhealphotography.co.uk/2010/01/26/hastings-a-little-bit-of-history/

Here are a couple of images from todays visit, will carry on editing the others and sometime in the future will add another blog post to continue the story.

original.jpg

original.jpg

Comments Welcome.

Nigel

I love the flower, did you add that?

I hope its rebuilt, some fond childhood memories there.

Cheers for the comments, no flower was already in situ someone had thrown it through the railings.

Nigel

I agree with above . Both nice shots . But the b+w just pips it for me.

Regards

Dave(y)

Really like the composition in the first shot but I have to agree with everyone and say the 2nd shot is the best, the selective colouring works really really well :)

Love the B&W shot mate, have you been playing with matches again??

Two cracking shots but I can't help but think how sad it is that this happened at all. For the last few years it's stood empty and unused and as soon as a plan to resurrect it comes out this happens. Hopefully something good will out of this, after all it is one of Hastings' only landmarks!

Back