Hastings sea front building

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
No
56280027b.jpg

Nikon N90X Fuji Superia 200Asa

it's a building with potential but there are a few issues with this shot.

1. it's not level. Take it from face on
2. Great colour but it needs a blue sky
3. "The Deluxe" is far too close to the bottom of the frame
4. I'd try to make it symmetrical

Yep - half a dozen steps to camera left and 3-4 steps back, then get a tripod out and set the camera square to and face on with the building. A couple of steps back will allow you to keep some sky without running "The Deluxe" right at the bottom of the frame. Then Again, after checking google streetview, I can see why you decided to loose the horrible orange Bingo Hall entrances :shrug:

Last edited:
it's a building with potential but there are a few issues with this shot.

1. it's not level. Take it from face on
2. Great colour but it needs a blue sky
3. "The Deluxe" is far too close to the bottom of the frame
4. I'd try to make it symmetrical

Thanks for that.

1.Yes the slight angle of the shot was my oversight.
2.Agreed it would be better with a deeper blue sky.
3.You would not wish to see what was under the "The Deluxe" believe me.:)
4.Me too.

Thanks for the time to comment, appreciated.

Richard.

Last edited:
Yep - half a dozen steps to camera left and 3-4 steps back, then get a tripod out and set the camera square to and face on with the building. A couple of steps back will allow you to keep some sky without running "The Deluxe" right at the bottom of the frame. Then Again, after checking google earth, I can see why you decided to loose the horrible orange Bingo Hall entrances :shrug:

(y)

Yep Google earth tells a lot:LOL: and unfortunately 3-4 steps back and I would have been on the beach:), I am going back in the summer and I will re-shoot and see if I can get some improvement based on what both you and dod have commented on.

Many thanks,

Richard.

Back