Have Amazon ditched EVRI?

Cobra

In Memoriam. TPer Emeritus
Admin
Name
The real Chris
Edit My Images
No
Normally if I have a return, I print the label and drop it down the local Tesco, next time I'm there.
This last return had to be done via the post office, no label required. just box it up and scan or print the Q-Code supplied via email.
It all went smoothly, but no receipt, that's emailed once its collected from there.
A bit of a bugger as I don't often go to that shopping area, where the post office is, but C'est la vie.

I was down my local Tesco express earlier, the EVRI parcel shop notice / banner had been removed.
I've never had a problem with a return via EVRI, a delivery however is a different matter.

I think that Tesco may have ditched Evri or vice versa, because our local Tescos are no longer available for Evri delivery.

I have a delivery from amazon with Evri right now.
I'm guessing, in that case Tesco have dropped EVRI.
They dropped the starship deliveries, awhile ago in favour of Zoom deliveries. ( don't you just hate that ad, especially the bloke on the bike?)

Yeah, probably Tesco. To be fair the last few Evri deliveries I've had have gone smoothly but my heart still drops when I see them on the delivery notice.

My local Evri person is quite good. Yodel are the worst and supposedly about to go bust.

Reactions: Nod
but my heart still drops when I see them on the delivery notice.
To be fair, they used to be crap, here, but that was down to the useless SOB delivery person.
Since she left ( maybe got the boot, she was always being complained about, if it could be screwed up she'd do it!)
They are 9/10 actually more reliable than Royal Mail for parcels now.

Reactions: Nod
I have a delivery from amazon with Evri right now.
I had one scheduled from Amazon the other day too. Arrived two days late and the tracking was never updated once after it got to the Evri depot.

I had to go to a funeral on the day I suspected it might turn up so left a big note on our front door asking the courier to leave the parcel with a neighbour. When I got home naturally it was sitting on the doorstep.

I hate Evri and will avoid any firm that uses them whenever possible. I can almost guarantee we’ll have a problem with them, every single time.

I had one scheduled from Amazon the other day too. Arrived two days late and the tracking was never updated once after it got to the Evri depot.

I had to go to a funeral on the day I suspected it might turn up so left a big note on our front door asking the courier to leave the parcel with a neighbour. When I got home naturally it was sitting on the doorstep.

I hate Evri and will avoid any firm that uses them whenever possible. I can almost guarantee we’ll have a problem with them, every single time.
Our Amazon deliveries are either their own liveried vans or 'local' couriers......though on one occasion it was the Postman.

Were I getting such awful delivery service I would report it time via Amazon chat and press home the point that the delivery choice they make is very very poor. In the case you mentioned, leaving a clear note on your door, I would give them photographic evidence of said instruction being ignored!

PS remember Amazon in effect are Evri's customer, you are not. Amazon have the responsibility to sanction Evri as appropriate.

Last edited:
Did Hermes change their name to Evri because people referred to them as Herpes :LOL:

Our Amazon deliveries are either their own liveried vans or 'local' couriers......though on one occasion it was the Postman.
I've not seen an Amazon liveried van in a couple of years, every since the whole fleet went electric and then scrapped some months later.
I wonder what that cost them.
Its usually "white van man" that delivers, and very occasionally the postie. But that is usually the "small trader accounts"
Mostly the tracking number is DPD, and ends up being delivered by RM :thinking:
Did Hermes change their name to Evri because people referred to them as Herpes :LOL:
That's my guess :D

Years ago I had a Herpes driver leave a mobile phone in my rubbish bin, on the system it said left in greenhouse and I only found it by chance days later as I went to put some rubbish out.

Yes & to try and dissociate themselves from the pi... very poor reputation they had. Since nothing else changed other than the name over the door Nevri have managed to retain all of the badwill from the previous name and make it even worse.

Evri are among the best here, just behind DPD. RM (or whatever the red vans are called these days) are bottom of the pile. Still get electric Amazon vans here.

Still get electric Amazon vans here.
I'm sure read somewhere that they sold them off, maybe they did and you are still 2 years behind the times :D

Very possible!

We still get some Amazon vans around here.

Locally DPD are the best.

Same here, the one great thing about Amazon is they deliver any given day [I had a package from them delivered last Sunday for example] For all else DPD are the most reliable we get here, I'm on first name basis with the driver who delivers on our road. They email a time [within a one hour window] that they will deliver, and they've not been out once since I started using them [number of years back] - It started to become a regular thing on Irish based sites just a few years back, you get to choose between DPD and An Post [who suck, are slower and more expensive]

All of my Amazon deliveries come in Amazon vans. Round my way they are the most reliable delivery service.

I'm sure read somewhere that they sold them off, maybe they did and you are still 2 years behind the times :D

Had me doubting myself a bit until I saw 2 100% Electric branded Amazon vans yesterday.

Had me doubting myself a bit until I saw 2 100% Electric branded Amazon vans yesterday.
Well that's very odd, I did a webby search and nothing came up.
I'm sure they ditched them :thinking:

All of my Amazon deliveries come in Amazon vans. Round my way they are the most reliable delivery service.
I have a massive Amazon distribution center, about 5 miles away, and yet all my parcels come from Northampton, about 20 miles away :thinking:

Same here. The only time we’ve had non branded vans was around Xmas when they subbed some of the deliveries out to contractors. I live in a small village and Amazon are very good here, as are DPD. Evri are always terrible… they lie about nobody being home or that they’ll deliver on a certain date and their tracking is a joke. I don’t think I’ve ever had one of their deliveries actually turn up on time. At one point so much stuff was going missing, or was getting delivered to the wrong houses that the Evri driver started dropping all the village deliveries off at the pub and the landlady would call you to say you’d got a package.

Same here. The only time we’ve had non branded vans was around Xmas when they subbed some of the deliveries out to contractors. I live in a small village and Amazon are very good here, as are DPD. Evri are always terrible… they lie about nobody being home or that they’ll deliver on a certain date and their tracking is a joke. I don’t think I’ve ever had one of their deliveries actually turn up on time. At one point so much stuff was going missing, or was getting delivered to the wrong houses that the Evri driver started dropping all the village deliveries off at the pub and the landlady would call you to say you’d got a package.
Evri is very dependent on the local delivery agent due to the way they are set up. We have a good one round my way, but plenty of places don't.

Evri is very dependent on the local delivery agent due to the way they are set up. We have a good one round my way, but plenty of places don't.
We haven’t had a decent Evri driver for a very long time sadly. When we moved here 3 years back it was a Polish lady who was excellent, but since she left they’ve all been universally awful.

Doesn't matter how far good your local driver is - s/he is always let down by the bahookies at the depot.

That seems to happen a lot more with Herpes/Nevri than all of the others put together.

Ours doesn't seem to be. If a supplier says it'll be here on Thursday via Evri, it will be. It's the red van ""service" that we dread!

Back