Have Aperture, do I need Photoshop?

Name
Shaun
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

I'm a mac user and use iPhoto and Aperture, iPhoto to dump my bulk pics into and do any basic editing and Aperture to do more advanced editing. Was looking into Lightroom, but from reading the forum doesn't sound as though that would be worth it, but would I benefit from Photoshop? Is the editing capability in PS worth the additional outlay? I'm assuming most PS users don't use it as their library and just use as an editing tool.

Thanks in advance!

Shaun

I don’t know a lot but at least you have something until a more knowledgable member comes along...

I also use Aperture and have considered getting PS Elements to try some PP using layers that I have seen described in various places. People I know who have the full Photoshop package say there is a lot to learn and of course the cost is considerable. Myself, I have not learned everything that Aperture has to offer. I suppose it depends how deep you want to dive into PP really.

Phil

i use aperture3 for my basic editing ,then export to elements 10 for final layering, de-noise via plug in ,re-sizing for the web ,and sharpening .i also have elements 11 and ps6 but rarely use them to me its all down to speed and accuracy and i don't have the time to go into it in to much depth and fiddling about. all finished files are stored in aperture

Thanks both. I think you've managed to answer my question for me, and I think the answer is that Aperture probably has far more capability than I have skill, lol! So will wait until I've mastered pp in aperture before thinking of anything else.

Back