have i done the right thing

LemmingLover and neil_g: finally people who also think like i do !

Craikeybaby: the EULA says that OSX can only be installed on computers that have an Apple logo on them. yet they provide Apple stickers in the box with their OSX DVD's... so, stick one on your PC - install the OS. EULA adhered to :p

Craikeybaby: the EULA says that OSX can only be installed on computers that have an Apple logo on them. yet they provide Apple stickers in the box with their OSX DVD's... so, stick one on your PC - install the OS. EULA adhered to :p

The EULA states:

you are granted a limited non-exclusive license to install, use and run one (1) copy of the Apple Software on a single Apple-branded computer at a time. You agree not to install, use or run the Apple Software on any non-Apple-branded computer, or to enable others to do so.

Sticking a sticker onto another machine is not branding.

The EULA states:

you are granted a limited non-exclusive license to install, use and run one (1) copy of the Apple Software on a single Apple-branded computer at a time. You agree not to install, use or run the Apple Software on any non-Apple-branded computer, or to enable others to do so.

Sticking a sticker onto another machine is not branding.

well, to be honest it is...
TomTom stick their logo on a piece of hardware that isn't theirs and it becomes a TomTom product.
Lanier/Ricoh/Getstetner put their logo on Xerox equipment, and it becomes one of their products :p

It's called "rebranding". sticking a sticker on something can be seen as the same thing ;]

Encouraging and discussion of breaking the EULA is in our 'prohibited content' in the rules :bat:

There is a "return it if it isn't suitable guarantee" on Macs and you can go into an Apple shop and not only try one but book an appointment and let them go through what you normally do and see if it is for you. Macs are not magic, they work but so does a well installed and setup Windows PC. If you fill a Mac with rubbish or download dodgy illegal software that too can cause problems. So my advice is give it a try and see if you like it. You might and you might not but NEITHER OF THEM ARE PERFECT they both have their problems, advantages and disadvantages. Personally I have 4 main computers, a Mac pro, a macbook pro, a windows PC and a server running freenas. The mbp is used far more than the others but mainly because it is a laptop.

If you do switch then checkout the top tips linked in my sig.

well, to be honest it is...
TomTom stick their logo on a piece of hardware that isn't theirs and it becomes a TomTom product.
Lanier/Ricoh/Getstetner put their logo on Xerox equipment, and it becomes one of their products :p

It's called "rebranding". sticking a sticker on something can be seen as the same thing ;]

That's done under a commercial agreement, not by a consumer sticking a sticker on a device, which is not considered the same thing by the courts.

Just ask Psystar, how Apple feel about the whole thing.

If the people who buy MAC's could just try to resist the temptation of being so smug about it then these sorts of threads would die out real quick.

As for being 'smug', maybe read back and see where the argument started.

Something to think about maybe when your trying to right click and eat a sandwich at the same time ;)

Which just goes to show people who slate Apple don't necessarily know what they can and can't do. My MBP right clicks just fine thanks :cool:

Which just goes to show people who slate Apple don't necessarily know what they can and can't do. My MBP right clicks just fine thanks :cool:

I still think it is strange that the default one handed right click is OFF and you have to switch it on. The newer ones can detect right clicks though!

Size wise it is fine on my Macbook (1280 x 800), but it does look like a lot of different fonts, maybe just the different sizes/weights of the same font are making it look different.

Back