wegotitugetit

On the hit list !!!
Name
alex
Edit My Images
Yes
so i went out tonight and took some nights shots in hull
last night i went manual and did ok

so some one insisted to go and change to av then settings of f10 area and about 25 - 30 secs on my shutter speed

so i started seeing stars when it was cloudy? red and blue ?

i will point out it was a very minor drip every 2-3 mins i kept cleaning the lens and kept coming with the same stars ?

i have posted a pick below can any one help

have i got a fault with the camera lens etc

if you look really closeley you can see them in the sky

link is a alot easier to see the stars

LINKY

IMG_0011.jpg
:help:

Nothing to worry about...it happens with digital...they are hot pixels as Flash says! They're not noticeable when resolution is reduced for web usually...and can easily be cloned out!

how do i get rid of them
you just answered it lol

next question im not very good with photoshop etc so is there another way around this

i think you are going to say send it away for a clean

Nope, cleaning wouldn't make any difference. The electronics in some (all?) cameras can be remapped so that they are ignored, but I doubt it would be free or worth the cost/hassle.

Nope, cleaning wouldn't make any difference. The electronics in some (all?) cameras can be remapped so that they are ignored, but I doubt it would be free or worth the cost/hassle.

so the only way to stop this is a buy a new camera but would that happen to that camera or is there somthing you can combat it at a early stage

All cameras are built within manufacturing tolerance levels...no digital camera will be free from hot pixels (at least, under current technology). Even my 1D has them with long exposures!

It would just be a lot easier to learn to use the clone/fix tools in Photoshop or similar :)

for 20 seconds that has produce a lot of hot pixels for my liking on a 400D! i never had that much of a problem and i was doing 3 minute exposures on mine.

edit - ithought a Kiss was a 400D or am i mistaking that with the 300D :thinking:

All cameras are built within manufacturing tolerance levels...no digital camera will be free from hot pixels (at least, under current technology). Even my 1D has them with long exposures!

It would just be a lot easier to learn to use the clone/fix tools in Photoshop or similar :)

ok so it seems i will do that will have to learn and go from there

what is a good version of photoshop there is some one on here selling lightroom 1 for £90.00 full version did nt really want to pay that

No sensor should have that many stuck pixels.

I think it's more likely noise, if your model has it you could try noise reduction mode where the camera takes the shot and then immediately afterwards takes another to use as noise cancelling. Trouble with that is all exposures are doubled which with longer ones can be a pain.

im using gimp but cant get my head around it i have used photoshop cs2 i think before (copy) ooooooops Naughty naughty ) years ago when everyone was but i only ever used it for cropping and contrast adjustments and really found it easy to get on with but gimp is doing my head in learning where everything is

i was about to a while back but then bottled it because of the price

put it in the kit thing that night before i ordered it then went to orderd it and had second thoughts ( not full well knowing if i will get to grips with it and was off ebay )

and never got rid off it from my kit bag section

kit bag now updated propley

Back