Have I got a light leak?

happygolucky

Suspended / Banned
Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
No
Put a cheap roll of Kodak colour plus through my OM 10 and I think I have a light leak, but not on all of the images. Your opinions please. Thank you (y)

CNV000182.jpg

CNV000172.jpg

CNV000161.jpg

CNV000211.jpg

Last edited:
Check the negative as well, if the sproket holes are not see through then I would think you have.

You can get light seal kits off ebay and should not be to hard to replace on the OM10.

All the sprocket holes are see through and there's no sign of any flare?

Cheers Nick.

HMMM! If that is the case I am not sure what could be the cause :thinking:

I assume you have used whoever it was to dev films before and not had a problem?

Someone else is bound to be along with an idea in a while :)

I had them done in Boots and the last few shots on the last roll I had done there had the same problem? That's why I fired off a cheap roll to see if it would be a light leak. Got me a bit puzzled too :thinking:

Thats not a light leak from the camera.

I would more suspect where you got it developed, the only thing I could suggest is try another cheap film with another developer, there are a few around that do mail order and are good.

Do a search on the forum there are a number of threads about.

they are showing a light leak , dont know what happened on the last one though

Thanks guys. I'll put new seals on and run another roll through, but send off to CC imaging next time around..

1980's Japanese SLR, it's most likely crumbly or gunked light seal foams, try another film to see if it was a fluke or replace the seals.

The seals look good tbh, but I guess they could be crumbly or gunked underneath. I shall order some and replace them anyway. Thank you..

I had a similar problem with my SLR. it was intermittent and I couldn't solve it and as my time and effort in taking a shot was more important than the camera, I broke it up for spare screws...OM10s are cheap to replace or a better one like OM20.

A decent shot ruined :(
Tak35mm91000px-1.jpg

Could it be a scanning problem? Some of these leaks look bizzare. (are they all visible on the actual negative?)

There's no sign of any flare or leaks on the negatives, so guessing it must be a scanning problem?

There's no sign of any flare or leaks on the negatives, so guessing it must be a scanning problem?

Good. In that case, I'd go back and ask to have it rescanned. Where did you get it done?

If you complain politely but firmly, maybe they'll offer you something for the hassle.

Good. In that case, I'd go back and ask to have it rescanned. Where did you get it done?

If you complain politely but firmly, maybe they'll offer you something for the hassle.

I had these done in Boots.

I will do that, thank you..

Back