Have You Been Affected By The KFC Crisis?

Indirectly yes as the logistics firm also deliver to Pizza Hut and it’s the one place I actually enjoy and eat a massive salad (before my pizza obviously, I’m not that sad). On said visit, the salad ingredients had not been delivered and so it was (much to my kids’s Delight) a bowl of Doritos and bacon bits.

Pizza was fantastic mind. Oh and they now don’t let you have unlimited soft drinks unless it’s diet, but they don’t tell you that either.

Rant off and no, I didn’t call the feds.

Gonna hear all about it then when my lad gets home ,he’s a Pizza Hut manager .oh dear

No.

... Pizza Hut ...now don’t let you have unlimited soft drinks unless it’s diet,... but they don’t tell you that either....
Haven't been to PH for over two years. Had no idea they'd put this restriction in place. I initially thought it might be to do with restricting calorie intake. But then I came to my senses and realised it's probably due to the bottom line - money.

Only in that a company whose name is derived from the word "Chicken" couldn't supply said paltry (sic) and that tickled my sense of the absurd!

KFC staff have actually been filmed buying chicken in bulk in Asda watched it just now

Not had KFC in over 20 years , no loss here

Haven't been to PH for over two years. Had no idea they'd put this restriction in place. I initially thought it might be to do with restricting calorie intake. But then I came to my senses and realised it's probably due to the bottom line - money.

My thoughts were the same when I discovered that they were charging £3.25 for a small bottle of Pepsi! I’m not tight but I won’t be ripped off so I drank water out of protest. I like water so it was no hardship.

It's not the same depot, but DHL also supply most of the country's hospitals and health centres through the "NHS supply chain" brand and have always been a complete pain to deal with.

Thanks for the heads up regarding coke refills at PH, looks like I'll just stick with the unlimited pizza buffet and unlimited icecream bar with sweets to get my sugar fix and have tap water to be healthy.

Me and the wife go to pizza hut in Huddersfield every blue moon, maybe 1nce a month and we like the pepperoni sharer, its cheeky at £16 but seeing as wetherspoons are next door its not like we order any drinks in there.

Allergic to dairy produce so PH is out
Dont like spicey so KFC is out
Like meat so Burger King/McDonalds are out

Just leaves the local Italian :)
Or Prime in St Albans

Matt

KFC staff have actually been filmed buying chicken in bulk in Asda watched it just now

That'll be the franchises. The actual owned branches were given preference.

However, as allegedly it's all fresh chicken delivered daily, not frozen, there's been reports of wagon loads of chicken going off at the storage depot as they couldn't get it in/out.

I think I'd avoid KFC for a month or so, just in case any of that gets into the chain. There's a lot of money tied up in that chicken...
http://metro.co.uk/2018/02/20/mount...oing-waste-dhl-depot-amid-kfc-crisis-7327314/

Not at all, coating contains garlic which I am allergic to

I had one about 40 years ago. I might have another in about 40 years - but probably not.
I prefer slow food.
We were in St Andrews for the weekend and had what I reckon was probably the best steak I have ever had, in the Playfair restaurant.
Seriously impressed.

Indirectly yes as the logistics firm also deliver to Pizza Hut and it’s the one place I actually enjoy and eat a massive salad (before my pizza obviously, I’m not that sad). On said visit, the salad ingredients had not been delivered and so it was (much to my kids’s Delight) a bowl of Doritos and bacon bits.

Pizza was fantastic mind. Oh and they now don’t let you have unlimited soft drinks unless it’s diet, but they don’t tell you that either.

Rant off and no, I didn’t call the feds.
Didn't have that problem in PH last Saturday.

I sadly work for DHL but not on the KFC contract, and can confirm its the worst company they could have given the supply contract to, its one of the largest supply companies in the world that undercuts other companies, takes over and completely balls things up through not having a clue what they are doing, the only reason I work for them is I was tuped over when they took over our distribution centre, luckily we knew what we were doing so they didn't knacker our business straight away, they chipped away at it with ridiculous money saving schemes and putting highly paid management in that have absolutely no idea what they are supposed to do.

I currently work as a contractor for a large Japanese IT company that has just done the same with one of the parts of its business.
They were doing break fix for lots of retail businesses, it was being done in house and was a fantastic service, they decided to outsource it and bin all the highly trained engineers.

suffice to say it went massively tits up and they ended up canning them and moving the business to another third party which is also struggling with the contract.

They have lost millions and quite a few of the big clients have threatened to walk away.

I am now affacted badly.... they are opening the branches again...... ☠️

I like the occasional fillet tower burger and the fact I can't get one is making me want one more.

No plans to call the police though.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????? !

If I had a franchise f*** loosing a weeks revenue for dhl incompetence. I'd be straight to Costco.

Spotted a consequence of the KFC problems - the packaging litter lobbed out of car windows has changed colour - it's now Dominos pizza boxes rather than KFC buckets.

Back