Have you got GAS?

Edit My Images
Yes
In the guitar world, GAS (otherwise known as Guitar Acquisition Syndrome) is quite common. It's the type of disease where you will be browsing eBay on your lunch hour, and end up a few hundred quid lighter because you saw a shiny new guitar to add to your collection

I have been suffering from this on the Photography side today. So far, I have bought:
  1. Crumpler Bens Pizza XL bag (£35)
  2. Hoya 67mm Circular Polariser (£21)
  3. Op/Tech Classic Weight Reduction strap (£18)
  4. Kingston Elite Pro 2GB CompactFlash card (£44)
Anyone had days like this? :eek: I'm off on holiday next weekend somewhere i've always wanted to go, and I want to make sure my camera gear is up to the task of supporting me capture it as best I can. Plus, i've been a good boy and have been saving up ;)

Matt

I certainly do, and not being one to think twice about something, I suddenly found I'd acquired a Sigma 10-20mm lens and an Optech strap in the past few weeks :D (oh, and I booked a holiday too!)

I bought an optech starp the other week, fantastic bits of kit :D

I'm going to have one of these days in a bout a month, lots of money is going to be spent :D:D

Good to see the Op/tech straps are well thought off. My 350D isn't the heaviest thing in the world, but with the 17-85mm on it, it does get a bit tedious when walking.

Oh, and I forgot one more thing

5. Sensor cleaning brushes (£10)

Matt

I suffer from that all the time just bought a 4gb CF card dont really need it but was a bargain...

in the past 3 months have bought the 30D, 3 lenses, tripod and bucket load of other stuff. well over 2 grand. I really need to start doing lots of overtime to get the old CC back in shape.

luckily i ran out of cash before my attack got out of hand

but you only bought a ½ eaten tube of smarties Matt :eek:

I'm sure you had more pocket money than that

digitalfailure said:
but you only bought a ½ eaten tube of smarties Matt :eek:

I'm sure you had more pocket money than that

to be fair, i was on my own when i bought that, the wife came with me to the camera shop

Back