Having a go, steep learning curve

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
These were a few from the water to follow on my thread of just starting bird photography, all help gratefully received

56f7aea5.jpg

d8cfe365.jpg

7ef12760.jpg

74492cf3.jpg

:shrug::shrug::shrug:

1&2 lovely shots mate, 3 just gets lost a little in the busy background, 4 nice and crisp but not doing a lot for me - a bit bland

All nice shot's though, I'm just trying to find critique for you

Russ

Cheers Russ appreciate your advice, cant help but agree with all you said

You seem to have done quite well with those David, perhaps a wider aperture on the Lapwing would have seperated it a bit more from the twiggy background.

Nice set, perhaps some artificial bokeh processing would help with #3?
It's certainly worth a go.

You've made a great start I'd say. All correctly exposed and focused it seems.
#1 and #2 for me :)

Thanks for all the helpful comments, def need to give them more space to walk into,, suspect thats me cropping badly because I have taken the picture from to far away. back out today as on holiday this week, hopefully will have some improved shots to post later
David

Given all of the good crit above, nontheless for anyone, let alone a beginer to wildlife photography, these are all pretty good shots (y)

These are a great set David, would not think that you are a novice looking at them. Well done.

Regards: Gordon

Gordon and Anthony you are to kind, but your encouragement has galvanised me into action, I am off out to try again this afternoon

I'm going to agree with all the above suggestions, but I must say that you have controled the exposure well and kept the whites in check, so well done. This is a pleasing set of pictures and I look forward to seeing some more (y)

I'm going to agree with all the above suggestions, but I must say that you have controled the exposure well and kept the whites in check, so well done. This is a pleasing set of pictures and I look forward to seeing some more (y)

Thanks Trev
Have done a lot of underwater photography in the past so have had to work hard on exposure and whites, but the distances are killing me with these birds, underwater if its not close you cant see it so not a problem..........:bonk:

We all have to start somewhere and for a starter these are good. Well done.

Back