Hawk Conservancy trust.

Name
Ivan
Edit My Images
No
A few images i took on my last visit to this amazing centre.
First up a wild grey heron
_B7I1382.jpg

Second a Great grey Owl

_C0I1900.jpg

Third a Brahminy Kite
_C0I2484.jpg

And last a Saker Falcon

_B7I0604.jpg

All images hand held.

Last edited:
I take it this is the place near Andover ? Been there a couple of times but without a camera, need to get go back there with a camera.

Nice shots, especially 1 and especially 3. 4 for me lacks interest due to the bleached out background

Hi Skiking.
Thank you for the kind comment.
Yes is the place in Andover.
Day was gray and nasty hence the bleached out background. As you know, these falcons are really fast birds and I took the image hand holding a 6 kilo (13 pounds) 600mm lens so, just keeping the bird in the viewfinder is a challenge.

Not much into wildlife photography but these are great. Makes me want to try.

Lovely photos,

Agree about the last one but still a fantastic job keeping it in frame

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely stuff Ivan - I particularly like the Heron and the Great Grey Owl shots.

nice shots, 600mm lens hand held................very impressive
ive snatched a few shots with mine but like you say it's an achievement just keeping them in the viewfinder.......

Thank you all for the kind comments.
Paul, my shoulder didn't think handholding the beast was such a good idea. In fact, it insisted on reminding me just what a bad idea it was for several days...

Thank you guys. I am very pleased with the heron and the kite shots. i might even print them :)

Cracking set and love the kite on the water (y)

Think you will find the last one is a saker though not a lanner

Hi Ingrid.
Thank you for the kind comments (and the species correction)

Thank you vince! (y)

Thank you guys! :)

Thank you guys.
Very happy with the heron Drew. Not that I want to blow my own trumpet but, It looks great printed! (y)

Absolutely stunning, I love the shot of Molly (Great Grey)
Thank you Ryan. I see you have visited the venue :)
Let me know when you plan your next excursion. I'll see if I can join you. ;)

Some very nice shots particularly the brahminy kite, a very difficult one to nail.

My wife and I have been members for the past 4 years knocking up over 100 visits between us and had success in their annual competition. Not been much this year since we discovered ICBP in Newent, Gloucester, thats well worth a visit

Stan

IGADIZ said:
Thank you Ryan. I see you have visited the venue :)
Let me know when you plan your next excursion. I'll see if I can join you. ;)

An
Normally down most Wednesdays but the foreseable future means no time off work bar a booked weekend where I'll be shooting Motorsport, will give you a shout when I get back down :)

Thank you guys.
Very happy with the heron Drew. Not that I want to blow my own trumpet but, It looks great printed! (y)

Absolutely! Even in this day and age of digital, it's not until you see your images printed and framed/canvas makes you appreciated them more (y)

drew

One more from the day.

_C0I1751.jpg

American bald eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus)
The Hawk Conservancy Trust, Hampshire
© 2012 Ivan Garcia Diaz (IGD Images)
All rights reserved​

Back