Hawk Conservancy

Name
Peter Rushworth
Edit My Images
No
Had my first visit to the Hawk Conservancy near Andover on Tuesday, had a great day photographing the different birds. Must admit, it wasn't easy photographing these guy's, I thought motorbike and aircraft were challenging, but the speed and change of direction to capture the subject was another level up. Had a great day, would recommend a visit if you in the area.

IMG_3742copy1.jpg

IMG_3738copy1.jpg

IMG_3796copy1.jpg

IMG_3891copyb.jpg

IMG_3709copy1.jpg

IMG_3725copy1.jpg

amazing shots

great colours and detail

They are certainly a challenge, as I found out today at the Barn Owl Centre - you've got some very close and clear images there, well done.

All cracking shots. No 1 for me.

Thanks for the comments, post processing still one of my weak points hypnotic and I still haven't mastered the finer points of editing, getting better slowly.
Will definitely go back for another photo op and will also give Eagle Heights a visit near Brands.

What a cracking set. I was there again yesterday myself, but I can't even find the kites in the viewfinder, let alone capture them as they are about to grab the fired food! Thanks for sharing Pete, you've given me some more inspiration to go back and have a few more goes.

That first one is a belter!

What a cracking set. I was there again yesterday myself, but I can't even find the kites in the viewfinder, let alone capture them as they are about to grab the fired food! Thanks for sharing Pete, you've given me some more inspiration to go back and have a few more goes.

That first one is a belter!

Thanks for the comments, this definitely wasn't easy to photograph the birds of prey, a good tip is check out some of the images on TP and also on the Hawk Conservancy website EXIF information, in comparison I was using some rather slower shutter speeds than the majority of the images of a similar subject, perhaps 1/1000 sec was at the more challenging end of the spectrum when photographing these birds, but it was my first go and yes, I definitely had more images in the waste bin than keepers but I enjoyed the challenge

Back