hdew cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name
steve
Edit My Images
No
hey everyone. so sorry to be abrupt but right now my heart is racing. i recently ordered a 5D mark 3 from hdew cameras. it has still not been dispatched. i then tried to call them today....and the number is out of use. i carried out a search of them....and i found this...http://www.exporters.sg/member_profile.asp?co_id=114467#trustprofile

should i be worrying??

i just spent 2k!

please help

thanks

steve

Last edited:
Lots of guys on TP have bought from HDEW (as recently as last week) with no problems. Be aware that they are in essence a Hong Kong company with a small UK base. Apparently they respond well to email enquiries. Try the phone again today, lots of guys on here praise there telephone support so dont panic just yet.

Bought a 5DII a year ago from them. It came with fault they replaced in 7 days. Just had another minor fault (is it me or is Canon reliability faltering?) Hdew directed me to repairers AJ Johnstone (Glasgow) who did a 6 day turn around under warranty.... so all in all good experience. easy to talk to on the phone and helpful .

I bought a 5D III from them abput 8 weeks ago. Took about a week to arrive.

I was contemplating buying a 5D MKIII from these guys but this thread is making me rethink as well. Is it really worth the stress of having to deal with a HK company if something goes wrong? I

know they are a few hundred pounds cheaper but I bought a camera from a HK dealer with a UK base and it also had fault issues and whilst they sorted them out it took some fiddly postage etc.

I was contemplating buying a 5D MKIII from these guys but this thread is making me rethink as well. Is it really worth the stress of having to deal with a HK company if something goes wrong? I

know they are a few hundred pounds cheaper but I bought a camera from a HK dealer with a UK base and it also had fault issues and whilst they sorted them out it took some fiddly postage etc.

My neighbor has just bought a 6d with kit lens and is delighted. His only hitch was when he missed the delivery and wanted to change the re-delivery to his office address. They wouldn't budge as the card was registered to his home address and he had to stay at home to take delivery. I think that's probably a good thing with the potential for fraud etc.

I just called HDEWCameras and had a lovely chat with them.This is what they told me:

1) All their cameras are shipped to UK specs BUT come from outside the UK, ie they have UK cables for charger.

2) UK Canon honour their 12 month warranty on their receipt. After the first 12 months the camera goes to their UK Canon repairers under their further 2 year warranty. (The camera comes with a 3 year warranty from new)

3) If you want a VAT receipt you have to ask for it at the time of purchase.

4) They hold no stock on their premises because the cameras are shipped from outside the UK, so items are delivered after order is placed and currently they are saying 3-5 working days to deliver.

5) They ship exactly the same boxed cameras as any Canon supplier, - all these cameras come out of the same factory, so there is no difference in what I would get from them as to what I would get from say John Lewis.

6) They are not eligible for the current Cashback offer from Canon, but their prices are at least £200 cheaper than one would get even after the cashback, and one gets a 3 year warranty and a free 4gb memory card.

I am not posting this to "plug" HDEW cameras but just to provide some information given the other feedback posts above. I am still undecided about which way to go, I still like the John Lewis offer as it includes a 2 year warranty, for an extra £35 one can upgrade to a 3 year warranty - this is eligible for the cashback promotion.

Off to think it over over a cuppa!

StevieSea, what is the update on this for you? Have you received your camera? All as it should be?

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

New here but have been following this thread as wanting to buy from HDEW cameras since the price is so attractive.

Was recently scammed on an internet site and now very reluctant to try shopping this way again.

Phoned them and talked to Shaun who was very helpful. He allowed me to pay a small deposit on Canon 7d and 300mm lens and I can pick it up from theIR office when it arrives next week and pay the balance on collection with no problem whatsoever.
A 100 mile drive for me, but worth it for peace of mind.

Don't think I can ask for fairer than that.

I bought my 7D from them 2 months ago and it arrived in 8 days, there was a weekend in between.
It seemed like for ever to be dispatched but once it was it came very quickly.
I would not go off that website either go with actual people experiences, they are a good company with a good back up facility.

I would buy from them. Only thing stopping me is lack of funds!

LOL join the club, they also don't stock the Tamron 28-75 f2.8...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back