HDEW

Edit My Images
No
went onto hdew website today and they do not seem to have
any Nikon camera or lens's for sale anymore
anyone know why ?

Reactions: LC2
That's very interesting. I think there is a Nikon price hike coming so it might have something to do with that.

Thats strange i looked yesterday and they had loads

They also seem to be featuring fewer Canon lenses than a few weeks ago.

Last edited:
have a wee look yourself
He am right!

I just looked and NO Nikon cameras or lenses.

PS Didn't seem to be any shortage of Canon Lenses though.

Last edited:
My supplier e-infin are so far completely unaffected thank god. Hope nothing changes. I think I will quit if there is a price rise on current models that are several years old and should have been replace by Nikon anyway

Panamoz are still showing them for sale if anyone wants to grab one although I find their prices slightly more expensive than HDEW.

They have lost their Nikon suppliers and don't have any info on future availability at the moment.

Oops and oh dear

Just noticed the price of a D750 gone up on Panamoz by about £80 wonder if they are taking advantage of the situation.

One stop digital not selling Nikon either, I hope this isn't trending :(

Not sure if it's anything to do with it, but HDEW only just started selling Panasonic, they were already doing Olympus but never had Pany as long as I've known the site.

I have never actually bought from there, are they completely legit? UK? no messing about? they seem to have good prices and deals now and then

Not sure if it's anything to do with it, but HDEW only just started selling Panasonic, they were already doing Olympus but never had Pany as long as I've known the site.

I have never actually bought from there, are they completely legit? UK? no messing about? they seem to have good prices and deals now and then

UK-based with a real building you can visit, but grey market imports. Apparently VAT receipts are issued if specifically requested. On the other hand, their T&Cs say:

'Please note that by making a purchase on this website you will be acting as the importer of the product for all purposes including all customs regulations,copyright and trademark laws.You accept that the role of HDEW Cameras is limited to sourcing products and making them available for you to import directly from the country of origin.By purchasing a product through this website you authorise us to make arrangements for clearance of customs on your behalf for the products you have ordered.'

If a VAT receipt has not been specifically requested and issued then can you assume it has been paid anyway? Or is it your responsibility to pay as the official importer? I have no idea.

@Cagey75 bought my Olympus EM5MK2 with 12-40 pro f2.8 from them and had no issues whatsoever.

I also have a 3 year warranty on the body.

I'd buy from them again in a heartbeat. If only they sold drones......

Cool, will give them a shot some time ... when I have some moolah :D

Last weekend I was checking prices and stock before buying some new Nikon kit. Was surprised to not see anything Nikon at hdew. Ended up buying from e-infinity, good prices and around 3 day lead time, arrived early this morning. Shipped from UK via RM 24 tracked. Have another lens on order I had been dithering over. Hope to have it Friday based upon last order.

I phoned my order through to avoid "making a purchase on this website"

They don't mention phone orders :D

I surmise even by a phone order they are "acting in the capacity of an agent to source the item........and is still the purchaser who is 'responsible' " ??? Only if tested in court will the fine details of the law be proven.

Fwiw I know of a few folk who have bought Canon from them.

Super prices and service from h.dew in the past ,and there warranty does what it says on the tin no hassle

I've used them before on a couple occasions and would hope they still have some Canon gear in the future once I'm ready for any upgrade. 5-series bodies are a whole grand cheaper than competition. Its a no-brainer.

I've used them before on a couple occasions and would hope they still have some Canon gear in the future once I'm ready for any upgrade. 5-series bodies are a whole grand cheaper than competition. Its a no-brainer.
I use Panamoz and am very happy to get new stuff for less than the price of used stuff off MPB

Back