HDR images, the whats and hows....

Edit My Images
Yes
I did a basic search on this topic, nothing good came up. Can someone explain to me what exactly HDR images are, how they are taken, and what the general purpuse is. I know that there are software programs out there that apparently do some cool blending things with these images, but what exactly is the method to the madness of this image type. Sorry if this is either a silly or over-asked question.

Try this for size:

Courtesy of Petemc

Thank you. I never seem to be able to find what im looking for using search options in forums. Some of these HDR images are wicked. Again thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Its basically the blending together of multiple different exposure images to increase the overall dynamic range resulting in a high dynamic range (HDR).

Mark

mfwild13 said:
Its basically the blending together of multiple different exposure images to increase the overall dynamic range resulting in a high dynamic range (HDR).

Mark

Now its here will it stay though.. Just another PP workout as far as I can see..:(

Probably in some form or another. It'll maybe move into the software of some high end cameras.

Back