HDR query

Name
Liam
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi.
Ive just got myself the trial version of the new Elements 10 and thought id try my first HDR. my camera does not have AEB feature so I did it manually I took four photos starting at -4 up to +2 then loaded them into PS and clicked on the exposure blend thing.
Now it all worked, on the automatic section which allows you to adjust the highlights and shadow + saturation. this is my finished image below.
My query is that to me is does not look like a normal HDR image, I find it hard to explain what a HDR looks like lol but this doesn't seem to have the pop if you know what I mean?

is it some thing ive done or do i just need a better dedicated HDR software?

house.jpg

It's hard to look at that image and think of it being HDR, can you post the "normally" exposed image to compare it?

yeah I know thats what i mean. as for the other image its not one there's 4 in total then i used the exposure blend in elements which is supposed to be like hdr so ive heard

oh right that will be why then. not sure if was here or not where I was told that Elements 10 will do it via the Exposure blend function for the same kind result.

Ive just downloaded Photomatix HDR editor that seems to of done the trick

HDR doesn't have to be OTT all of the time (y) and to me personally exposure blending is exactly what HDR is :thinking: I've never really liked Photomatix personally I use Dynamic Photo HDR (y) and that seems to work really well (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

hey Matt I see so it is hdr just not as overly done. I will have a look at that Dynamic Photo HDR see how it compares.

I have another thread in here now with the image i made using the Photomatix :)

Back