HDR type photo of The Angel of the North

Name
Philip
Edit My Images
Yes
Took some pics today of the angel on the way to a car detailing openday. I like this one the best. I put the RAW image through Oloneo PhotoEngine to Tonemap it.
HDRAngel.jpg

C & C Welcome, Phil

Last edited:
Hi Philip
Like it.
Very strong oblique lines there - straight away the thought of climbing comes into my mind, but particularly like the wing.
Certainly is different take on it.
Well done √

Hi Philip
Like it.
Very strong oblique lines there - straight away the thought of climbing comes into my mind, but particularly like the wing.
Certainly is different take on it.
Well done √
Thanks alot Charles. I took loads of pictures but theres so many idiot tourists there getting in the way!:shake: Its not that high in comparison to the wingspan. At the other angles i shot it i found i couldnt quite get the tip of both wings in. Maybe i needed a 10-20 or sumic.
Phil

i have seen 100's of pictures of the angel before and this is only the second one i have liked..

I like it - love the angle of the angel and the hdr too :) fab

i have seen 100's of pictures of the angel before and this is only the second one i have liked..
Wow, i'm taking that compliment! Like you say theres stacks of pictures of it so i tried to do some of the foot close up but theres so many people there getting photos taken its nigh on impossible! There was even a couple there shouting at each other as the guy wanted his photo taken and his wife either couldnt work the camera or wasnt taking the shot how he wanted it so he was shouting down the hill at her until a full on domestic happened. Quite good viewing :LOL:

I like it - love the angle of the angel and the hdr too :) fab
Thanks alot. As i mentioned above i wanted to take a different approach and my main reason is theres a competition on the car detailing forum i use called Detailing World. The theme was METAL. A fellow geordie had done the Tyne Bridge and as i was heading to an openday near Durham i had the idea of goin to the Angel on the way. I definetely feel im making progress with this photography malarky and i love (trying) to use Photoshop and Oloneo Photo Engine. I do find i go ott most times though but i suppose its down to taste. Infact ive just figured out how to use the clone tool and remove some people from around the foot. Well pleased with myself!:D
Thanks for the knid comments everyone.:)
Phil

Very good composition, really like this - looks like a some sort of UFO

:clap:

Very good composition, really like this - looks like a some sort of UFO

:clap:

Ha ha, thanks. Have you seen the angel in full?
Phil

Driven past it a few times as the eldest was up in Northumbria Uni - not got close, keep meaning to

Sounds like it's worth the visit for the tourists alone :D

Driven past it a few times as the eldest was up in Northumbria Uni - not got close, keep meaning to

Sounds like it's worth the visit for the tourists alone :D

:LOL:

I really like your shot here, the angle and framing are both great and I'm a freak for rusty textures but the software has gone a bit OTT on the sky for me. The shot is plenty strong enough to stand on it's own legs without that distraction in my book.

I really like your shot here, the angle and framing are both great and I'm a freak for rusty textures but the software has gone a bit OTT on the sky for me. The shot is plenty strong enough to stand on it's own legs without that distraction in my book.

Thanks very much and i totally get what your saying. What can i say, Im a sucker for Ott HDR :LOL:
Here the original as it came off the camera....
_DSC1690.jpg

Thanks, Phil

I love your angle but the blue saturation needs to be tweeked down a bit.
Thanks, if you go up about 3 posts i have posted the original photo before i messed:)
Phil

The sky looks like a swimming pool.

I don't normally like overcooked HDR but this is interesting.

Back