HDR

Did you bracket the shots, or is it from one exposure?, what SW did you use? the idea of HDR is to get a good tonal range,this seems very flat, some subjects work better than others, composition could be better, and it could do with a bit of a straighten, on the converging uprights

Last edited:
i dont think it's that bad tbh. If you uploaded it to facebook; people who have no idea about photography will probably go wow.

Now that's HDR ......... lol. Keep practicing and you will get there :)

Good first go would love to try it .what software did you use
And how much was it .

This is a lot more dramatic that the previous version (y) but not really for me :shrug: as I said in your other thread HDR doesn't have to be out of this world OTT (y) you can have a realistic finish and still have a HDR finish

i dont think it's that bad tbh. If you uploaded it to facebook; people who have no idea about photography will probably go wow.

Indeed they probably would but that is not always helpful with personal development (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Thank you all. So many different opinions.

Just Dave, Yes I used four different brackets from -4 to +2. and I used Photomatix. how exactly could the composition be better? im still trying to under stand that term, its just the way the objects are placed within the photo is that right? there was no other way to get the whole building in. I also used a tripod with bubble level which was in the middle, but i just tried to get that drain pipe perfectly vertical for you but doing that puts the lamp post on a very noticeable wonk so not sure what is going on, its probably the drain pipe the building is over 300 years old haha.

Thank you all I will keep practising as i said it was my first go so was using the auto functions will the SW until I get used to it (y)
I don't really like the dramatic overly popped hdr's think they look very fake.

Caveman. Thanks. It is fairly straight forward to do, I used Photomatix HDR and its a free trial but once the image is saved it has photomatix on it so just cloned it out on PS . Matt has advised that Dynamic Photo HDR is very good also :) good luck ill kepp an eye out for your try.

Matt. Thanks. For me this is not to bad, I like you don't like it when they are very over done they feel fake to me.

Thank guys (y)

Back