HDR

Edit My Images
No
Hello - this is my first attempt at high dynamic range processing and I'm not sure what to make of it. What is the potential of this technique and do members think it is worth the £50 approx price tag.
The image is of my local Morrisons supermarket. Three .tiff shots were used at x/-1 exposure increment.

morrisons.jpg

...do members think it is worth the £50 approx price tag.

£50? Not at all I am afraid, probably because its quite boring. Unless you've taken it on behalf of Morrisons for their staff room, or their financial reports or something.

The HDR looks ok to me though (y)

£50? Not at all I am afraid, probably because its quite boring. Unless you've taken it on behalf of Morrisons for their staff room, or their financial reports or something.

The HDR looks ok to me though (y)

I think he was asking if it was worth £50 for the Photomatix software, not £50 to sell the image ;)

Shot looks ok to me.

photomatix definitely has it's uses. It's pretty easy to go way overboard with it though (as I have learned :D).

This is my most recent hdr, 6 exposures and some tweaking in lightroom and photoshop.

The key is subtle changes in the levels.

Shot looks ok to me.

photomatix definitely has it's uses. It's pretty easy to go way overboard with it though (as I have learned :D).

This is my most recent hdr, 6 exposures and some tweaking in lightroom and photoshop.

The key is subtle changes in the levels.

Dude, I had no idea HDR was used, top job :)

Gary.

Thanks Gary ;) p.s. working hard I see :D

Gah, I want to find the guy who said DIVS are better than TABLES, and then shoot him in the head, twice...no thrice!

I have been banging my head off the desk for 3 hours, all I want to do is add a simple button to a simple site. It's like a mathematical puzzle, all the relative div positions etc, centre aligned fixed width site too.

:help: :LOL:

G.

ermm, div's/css are what I do all day! what help do you need?

sorry to o.p. for going off topic slightly :D

ermm, div's/css are what I do all day! what help do you need?

sorry to o.p. for going off topic slightly :D

A gun and the address of the guy who said it was the right way to do things would be a start!

Oh, and an aliby, and a good lawyer, just in case.

Gary.

It is the right way to do things, practice, practice & practice ;)

Been at it 10 years - 4 of them using tables, I really am stumped though - this site was designed by a 3rd party, and has a very complex setup, getting on my tits! :D

Has been made over complicated and I will be damned if I am going to rebuild it for this tiny change :)

Gary.

send me a link, and the problem, I'll fix it for you ;)

Bah thats just cheating :) I will defeat this evil vile site, oh yes I will...defeat...it....

Mwuuuuuuuuuuuuhaaaaaaaaahahahaaahahaha!!!!!!! :wacky:

Yeah, tables are for tabulated data, not site layout!

CSS is your friend here.

All sorted, I cheated. I put the div dead last in the code, and then used a top-margin:-700px; to get it where I wanted!

Worked a treat :)

Gary.

Way to go off topic boys! :nono:

Stoker HDR can be really good if you use it correctly on photo's that would benefit from it.
You need to ask yourself would you use it enough to justify the purchase.
Going by your 1st attempt I'd say you could do quite well with it with more practise.

Thanks all - I will be having a look at the free HDR software. Having given it more thought I don't think the purchase of Photomatix would be justified.
Your comment much appreciated Susane. Don't be too hard on the off topic boys :LOL:

Thanks all - I will be having a look at the free HDR software. Having given it more thought I don't think the purchase of Photomatix would be justified.
Your comment much appreciated Susane. Don't be too hard on the off topic boys :LOL:

:D Don't worry Stoker I'm not being hard, they can get carried away though. :LOL:

+ :popcorn: - ready for all the HDR haters to come along and tell you it's not worth it etc ;)

It's not worth it etc

:D

A nice flat unbroken horizon like that, it screams out for an ND Grad, not HDR...

Back