Head shots

PoW

Edit My Images
No
A friend asked me to take a few head shots of him yesterday. Thought no problem. Wow I was wrong. Needed much more input from the pair of us to get better results. For me without any lights, diffusers, reflectors, external flash. I was left with pretty unforgiving light conditions. My friend didnt seem to have to many different expressions either. lol. By the end though I was finding a technique and I am quite excited about having another go, this time with some more lighting etc, and also work my friend (model) a bit more to get the look I want.

Heres a couple below.
Alex23r.jpg

Alex14r.jpg

Alex15r.jpg

Alex24r.jpg

#
Alex16r.jpg

Link to the rest
http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd60/PrintsOnWalls/?start=all
Thanks for looking :)

number 2 for me. the others need more light, has the best crop too, the others are cropped too tight for me, he still looks p*****d off tho :LOL:
number 4 is too blurred - unless thats the look you were going for,
overall a fair fist of it, needs investment in lights / reflectors, but then you knew that already.
dave (y)

Thanks Dave. I like #2 (not sure why though). He was after a pretty tight crop as they are only going to be thumbnail to A5 size.

Thanks for looking (y)

The last two, I dont like the effect, the first two although lighting was needed, they didnt come out too badly at all, nothing was on your side as you pointed out, no flash, no lighting and a model with unlimited scope for posing! Under the circumstances, Kudos!

Took my time but thanks for the replies. Looking forward to taking more portrait shots ;)

Back