Head/Wall Interface!

Yv

TPer Emerita
Name
Yvonne, pronounced Eve...
Edit My Images
Yes
:bang:

Having been stuck in the garage all week working and away last weekend, I decided to take the dogs for a walk this morning and take the newly repaired retina with me. Popped in some cheap kodak ASA400 film from the fridge, given that the autumn colours are in full swing and off I went. After taking maybe 10 shots, I sort of half noticed it was making a graunchy noise as I wound the film on but it was too cold and windy to mess around, not to mention that I was also trying to keep an eye on 2 rampant jack russells in a woodland full of rabbits, squirrels and other chasable amusements, AND I was thinking perhaps I could even get a 'motion' shot of them [yeah, I know, with a manual focus range finder in very low light, nothing if not optimistic]

Anyway got home having done a full 36 shots and yup, started to rewind and it had slipped its notches....judging by the amount of rewinding i didnt have to do, I dont think I got it on there properly in the first place!! :wacky:

Oh the joys of film... :LOL:

Doh ! I loaded my Voightlander VF101 and shot 36 colour shots, sent them to be processed and got 36 blank negs. I'd forgotten to swing the plate back that holds the film in place so took 36 shots of a piece of metal.
As you say 'the joys of film'.

Andy

Pah - women eh... :shrug: That *never* happens to me :naughty:

Shame though, it's lovely camera and even made me start looking for one for myself!

Ive done that - once. The trick is to watch the rewind knob as you wind on - it should rotate a bit as it unwinds the film. That is assuming you took up all the slack when you first loaded the cassette, of course.

I was just being really stoopid, I should have known from the noise it hadn't clicked in properly, but hey ho... at least it was cheap [in fact, I think perhaps free, I was given it] so could have been worse.

I have loaded the last roll, but this ons only 200 so need a nice day to get out with it really but it is winding nice and quietly and doiung everything right, so once again proving the point, the only loose nut was behind the shutter button :wacky: :LOL:

I did that years ago on my first US visit. Lots of beautiful desert scenes, some big shiny chromey trucks. Twenty years later it still saddens me.

Back