heads going to explode help please people lol

Name
Joey
Edit My Images
Yes
hello I am looking to buy a new camera

would like it for landscape, street photography, portraits. and wild life..

I was looking at the Nikon d600 or d7100 what one would you pick out of the 2 for the stuff I want it for?
many thanks

budget is about £2k I am liking the 7k1 tho but I am looking for a camera that is good in all round situation

The lack of AA filter goes some way in making up for the smaller sensor with the 7100. You'll not notice a difference in quality with the D600 unless you print quite big. As DX lenses are cheaper, and you've n real reason for full frame, the 7100 is MUCH better value for money.

Also Maybe think about a small retro camera for street, your Nikon DSLR candidates, with lenses, are big black scary beasts to the suspecting street public.

how big a bag do you want to carry?

for landscape, a d600+ a wide angle zoom is quite bit heavier than a d7100 + equivalent lens.

Both great camera's, I've not owned a D7100 but I do have a D610 and have had a D7k.

Full frame is much better in low light, gives generally better IQ and allows more latitude when working the RAW files in PP. The detail you can pull back out of the highlights and shadows with FF is astonishing.

If buying a DX camera feels like a compromise then just get the D610, else you'll only end up going FF in a few months anyway.

Went into jessops yesterday just to have a fiddle with the cameras...

Picked the D600 up.

Looked through the viewfinder and saw the AF coverage again.

Put it down lol.

On that basis ALONE I'd get the D7100.

that is a fair comment, one of only two things I don't line about the D610, the other being the lack of ability to zoom to 100% with a single button press. The small AF spread hasn't been an issue for me (yet), but then I tend to find when I use the outer focus points on my other cameras its for static subjects anyway, where focus/recompose isn't an issue.

Last edited:
Back