Heads up to all you light trailers...

Tori_T

Admin
Edit My Images
Yes
...particularly around Essex.

In light of the recent attempted murder case involving concrete blocks being thrown on to cars from road bridges, it might be worth letting your local constabulary know what you're doing and where, in case some member of the public reports you for "suspicious activity" on a bridge. :(

Yep, a quick call to 101 to log your presence might be worth a try. Has anyone ever done this? I asked the police before taking photos of their station and, in particular, their red light outside. I was even able to explain to them why the light was red, not the traditional blue...http://www.hiddenhorsham.co.uk/27/27.htm

Indeed I saw that on the news yesterday afternoon, and can see that the police are going to be even more proactive on coming round to check out what were up to...

To reasure those that are thinking about giving light trailing a go pleased don't let the idea of the police quizzing you put you off the idea of getting out there and giving it a go (y) I'm out on a regular basis doing trails and although I've been quizzed on a number of occasions, to date there has never been an issue, it is of paramount importance that we co-operate with the police in this current time, with this terrible crime, here is hoping they catch the scum soon :D

Matt
MWHCVT

I simply cannot comprehend what motivates people (I use that term loosely) to do these things. It is truly a sad world we live in sometimes.

I hadn't even heard about the 101 number. Just looked it up and it seems a great idea. Much better than having to locate your local police station number!

when i was 13 if you did anything like that you spat over the bridge when did these idiots progress to boulders of concrete thats absolutely insane

the people are lucky they didnt die even if you dont directly hit the car it could course them to swerve and crash at them speeds its not going to end well

I've just been alerted to a further incident on the A12 the story is here LINK Thankfully in this instance no block was dropped but I think we all need to watch out for this when out trailing ;) not just people out and about but if you see things near bridges that cause concern make sure you contact the authorities (y)

Matt

Maybe these bridges need to have 12 ft high railings along them to try this. I would like to think that common sense would prevail and they would not be needed but the feral youths involved in these cases probably have never been taught what common sense actually is. I blame the parents.

Little harsh to just blame the parents dont you think...

I never did anthing like this in my life, but there were times in my youth (age 15 onwards) where my parents wouldnt have known where i was or what i was doing... that doesnt make them bad parents...

Little harsh to just blame the parents dont you think...

I never did anthing like this in my life, but there were times in my youth (age 15 onwards) where my parents wouldnt have known where i was or what i was doing... that doesnt make them bad parents...

Were you throwing boulders off bridges on to passing cars though? I just think if there is a mutually respectful and safe environment at home then perhaps these kids will be less likely to be involved in this attempted murder...

Were you throwing boulders off bridges on to passing cars though? I just think if there is a mutually respectful and safe environment at home then perhaps these kids will be less likely to be involved in this attempted murder...

Our oldest son was a bit of a handful in his early teens,one thing about him though was that he always said where he was going and what he was going to be doing . It's called respect ,ask many a youngster today what "respect" means and they wont know what you on about .

Anyways .... this light trail lark ... must give this a go very soon ,

Back