Heads up

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Walking a bank on Sunday at my local patch i just caught a slight movement so crouched down and waited .A nice young buck with a doe came towards through the long grass and for once i had seen them first . Now spotted it was the typical long necks, and a good study of that one eyed non-blinking monster staring at them . At least that gave me time to grab a portrait of each as they were to close for a full body shot. Managed to see a few others older bucks at a distance and got absolutely soaked from the crutch down walking the fields heavy with that early morning dew.

She just had to look by John, on Flickr

Young buck roe deer by John, on Flickr

Lovely encounter :)

#1 - absolutely stunning portrait. Those eyes are so expressive.
#2 - that is just so cute poking through the grasses. I think being a youngster it works in spite of being part obscured.
That must have had you smiling for the rest of the day.

The first shot is beautiful - thank you for sharing.

I too love the pair- No1 is for me the better shot :)

I would personally clone out the green plant head to left of shot as it catches the eye a little - but that's just me lol :) :) :):

Les :)

Very nicely done John lovely lovely portraits,well done you:cool: your fella looks like a yearling . Ha they are so curious aren't they,it gives me goose bumps when they do this.

One nit really for me ,i'd prefer both to be taken in portrait not landscape it just lends it's self to a head and neck deer study so well.

stu

Back