Headshots - old style....

Name
Adele
Edit My Images
Yes
I already posted two of Amy, in BW and Colour, almost like a 50's style glamour.
Here are some more headshots, which I would be grateful for comments on.
These were taken with D200, onboard flash [no reflector] in her front living room.
The processing I was going for was "high-key" type of image....
The hair and makeup were also done by me.

Comments welcome guys.

2587972805_86aeef7a95_o.jpg

2591340628_c356c16ab7_o.jpg

2591340740_c0131ecec0_o.jpg

4. And in Colour
2591340838_221bc60881_o.jpg

2590506049_131ff4d588_o.jpg

Gotta agree with all of LP's thoughts there. No.2 is just a great capture of a time long gone, really nice look there.

Excellent,

All I would say is that number 2 looks to be lacking in either contrast or grain..

It looks too "modern?" despite the makeup etc.... I know what I'm trying to say, just cant get it across very well.

Like 3, 4 and 5 they look very 50s. Very nice (y)

Gotta agree with all of LP's thoughts there. No.2 is just a great capture of a time long gone, really nice look there.

Thank for the comments guys, I think its really important for me to know that I can have a style in mind, and actually bring it out in the photographs. Not only with the PP, but with the actual ability to style the hair and make up too.

I think its really important for me to know that I can have a style in mind, and actually bring it out in the photographs. Not only with the PP, but with the actual ability to style the hair and make up too.

For me that is THE crucial part of the photographic art. To take a vision and turn it into a finished image is what I strive for in every shot I make.

If you can do all the styling yourself too, then even more credit to you.

Excellent,

All I would say is that number 2 looks to be lacking in either contrast or grain..

It looks too "modern?" despite the makeup etc.... I know what I'm trying to say, just cant get it across very well.

I dont think it is the contrast, as anymore contrast, would probably blow it out completely. Grain, however, is interesting, as none of these have grain as they were shot at ISO 100, and are full images.
Adding grain I may try though.

For me that is THE crucial part of the photographic art. To take a vision and turn it into a finished image is what I strive for in every shot I make.

If you can do all the styling yourself too, then even more credit to you.

Yeah, Im looking at doing a fashion and photographic makeup course too just to add another string to my bow - the model in question has never had her hair curly. it does make her look older, bt I also think it really suits her.

I dont think it is the contrast, as anymore contrast, would probably blow it out completely. Grain, however, is interesting, as none of these have grain as they were shot at ISO 100, and are full images.
Adding grain I may try though.

Maybe not grain then, but if you look back, all the other pics, her pupils almost dissapear, but they're quite visible on number 2. And her hair is grey whereas its more black on the others.

I think its more the black than the white which is the issue for me.

Hey, there all great shots and far better than what I could produce, I just think number 2 is the weakest of a VERY GOOD set.

:)

I like the tonal scale in photo 2, but theres something about her ear that just makes it look stuck on:thinking:

And I love photo 3, theres no hard shadows to distract your attention from those eyes! Might just add a little more detail into her hair if you do the B&W conversion again.

Simon

I like the tonal scale in photo 2, but theres something about her ear that just makes it look stuck on:thinking:

And I love photo 3, theres no hard shadows to distract your attention from those eyes! Might just add a little more detail into her hair if you do the B&W conversion again.

Simon
Thanks Simon, I think know what your getting at. :) I like the idea of the way the ear is stuck on, I think its just the way shes looking, and the angle that the camera was at... :)

1 and 3 are great...really capture the era. Prefer the mono to colour shots.

Thanks :) I think I prefer the mono too....altho I do like No 5.

Maybe not grain then, but if you look back, all the other pics, her pupils almost dissapear, but they're quite visible on number 2. And her hair is grey whereas its more black on the others.

I think its more the black than the white which is the issue for me.

Hey, there all great shots and far better than what I could produce, I just think number 2 is the weakest of a VERY GOOD set.

:)

Yeah I get what your getting at....I think i may have another try at processing this one. :)
Thanks for all the comments.

cant add to whats been said, but I do like 1 and 3

Back