Healing brush doesn't work ?

Name
Des
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi there, I have a problem with my healing brush in CS3, it just doesn't work at all. The clone tool works absolutely fine, but if i need the healing brush........nothing ! I've double checked all the usual boxes ie: brush,mode,source,aligned, current layer & all layers and still i get no response ! can anyone help ? This isn't related but while i'm on here, i also get a "Warning " box which comes on screen quite often, but all that's on it is the " close " boxes and a small box in the bottom left corner which says " do not show this message anymore " i always tick the box but up comes the message again whenever it feels like it ( usually if i go to another page, even if it's the same website ), again can anyone help me ?:thinking:

Sounds like something is corrupted, try re-installing the software.

Hi there, I have a problem with my healing brush in CS3, it just doesn't work at all. The clone tool works absolutely fine, but if i need the healing brush........nothing ! I've double checked all the usual boxes ie: brush,mode,source,aligned, current layer & all layers and still i get no response ! can anyone help ? This isn't related but while i'm on here, i also get a "Warning " box which comes on screen quite often, but all that's on it is the " close " boxes and a small box in the bottom left corner which says " do not show this message anymore " i always tick the box but up comes the message again whenever it feels like it ( usually if i go to another page, even if it's the same website ), again can anyone help me ?:thinking:

Before you go to the trouble of reinstalling software reset your preferences. You do it like this. Close Photoshop. Then restart Photoshop,, but at the same time hold down, Shift-Ctrl-Alt at the same time. Then see if it works OK.

Before you go to the trouble of reinstalling software reset your preferences. You do it like this. Close Photoshop. Then restart Photoshop,, but at the same time hold down, Shift-Ctrl-Alt at the same time. Then see if it works OK.

This is one of those things that you know you are going to need at some point in the near future, but did not take proper notice of it at the time and spend hours looking for it again.

Where does one store these snippets?

Chris

This is one of those things that you know you are going to need at some point in the near future, but did not take proper notice of it at the time and spend hours looking for it again.

Where does one store these snippets?

Chris

I've got a little notebook, and just jot them down in it, or if I found it in a mag I note the ref to Mag, issue No and page No. I've tried keeping them in a file on the PC but this doesn't always work if you're not at the PC, because by the time you get there, you've forgotten, or at least I have. If it's a web site on then I just save the link in my favourites under useful tips, not always a good idea though as the web page gets changed and information is lost.

silly thing, but just make sure you arn't trying to heal the wrong layer

Hi hillwalkinggirl :wave: thanks for your suggestion to hold the Shift, Ctrl & Alt keys down before i started CS3. I got a message on screen which said " Delete the photoshop settings file ? " i pressed yes and reset my preferences again ,but still the ruddy healing brush will not work. I think as someone else said earlier i will have to reinstall and try again. Thanks everyone.:thinking:

Are you working on a single layered document?

I'm sure you have already thought of this but just in case, have you checked that if you are working on a layer that has a mask on that you have selected the image and not the mask to heal (spent a while wondering why my heal didn't work when in fact I was working on the mask).
Otherwise I think I'm with the folks suggesting a re-install, sorry.

I don't use layers much, but i did check that i was working on the current layer and then tried the other two.I think it's got to be a reinstall folks !! P.S.What i can't understand is why does the clone tool work without any problem ?

Back