Heaton Lodge Junction - Britain's biggest model railway

Name
Jonathan
Edit My Images
Yes
Heaton Lodge Junction is Britain's biggest model railway and is a truly impressive jaw dropping layout.
more details here

These photos were taken at Harrogate Model Exhibition last weekend. The lighting was awful so ISO's were high and shutter speeds low. There are also some interesting crops and some very shallow depth of field. The photos are nothing amazing but I have hardly used my camera in the last few months and I really enjoyed getting out and using it, so hopefully it might kick start my mojo a bit.

DSCF0825 by Jonathan Snook, on Flickr

DSCF0805 by Jonathan Snook, on Flickr

DSCF0801 by Jonathan Snook, on Flickr

DSCF0765 by Jonathan Snook, on Flickr

DSCF0763 by Jonathan Snook, on Flickr

DSCF0757 by Jonathan Snook, on Flickr

DSCF0754 by Jonathan Snook, on Flickr

Quite a layout. It never ceases to amaze me the effort railway modellers go to on their layouts. Thanks for sharing

Interesting set.
But, your title says its Britains Biggest Model Railway ?

Would be nice to get a feeling of scale. Have you got any images that give us an idea?

Interesting set.
But, your title says its Britains Biggest Model Railway ?

Would be nice to get a feeling of scale. Have you got any images that give us an idea?
Nothing that really shows the overall length, it really is so big that full length of the layout shots were nearly impossible. For some sense of scale the locos are about a foot long, if not a bit bigger.

I did wonder what was going on inside the car to steam the windows up :naughty: but the layout is modelled on a cold and frosty day, so it's frost and not steam that's obscuring the windows.
Well that's their story and they're sticking to it. :police:

Back