Heavy duty backdrop stands

Name
Bob
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All, hoping for a bit of advice, I run a camera club up north - South Shields to be exact. We are a non profit club based in a community centre and provide services to other groups in the local community, all monies we get go back to the club to cover running costs and equipment, with an occasional grant chucked in.
We have had to move premises due to be priced out of our dedicated room. We had a studio setup with 3m vinyl backdrops and a support system.
Our new premises wont have the capability to have a permanent setup so we are looking at a pair of backdrop stands and crossbar that would take the weight of 3m x 6m vinyl rolls.
Cost is an issue, due to the rent we are paying we have little left to spend.
I'm not asking for donations lol just recommendations of products we could purchase.
Thanks for reading and any help you can provide.
If anyone has any for sale I could be interested depending on price and condition

Thanks guys, paper rolls mean more expenditure - we already have vinyl that we would prefer to use. Ideally putting brackets up would be great but we cant guarantee use of the same room every time we meet so stands seem more practical. Unless we put brackets up in five different rooms lol.

Something like this will hold up a vinyl roll
https://www.lencarta.com/all-products/backgrounds/hakutatz-3x3m-background-support-stand-system

and I used one like it and the same 6m roll of grey vinyl for years. I still have it but as I was able to just paint the wall grey in my new space, I don't really use it much these days. A proper vinyl roll will have a matt side, and you can vacc and mop it, but it does tend to sag, even on a thick aluminium core, or a steel support. There are some very easy techniques for taking out these ripples in post, however this gets more involved if you're projecting patterns or casting hard shadows onto it. On the whole, as Simon said, paper gives better results - and when it's messed up, you slice off a couple of metres with a Stanley knife :)

get someone to fabricate the supports you need an easy job to do

Back