Heh heh heh, new lens ahoy!!

Name
The King Of Prestwich
Edit My Images
Yes
Just ordered a Sigma 17-70mm from ABC cameras for my 450D, which should arrive tomorrow!! :D I can't wait, I love new toys!! :)

What's the quickest way to check whether or not it's a 'good' copy when it lands??? :thinking:

Just ordered a Sigma 17-70mm from ABC cameras for my 450D, which should arrive tomorrow!! :D I can't wait, I love new toys!! :)

What's the quickest way to check whether or not it's a 'good' copy when it lands??? :thinking:

Well done :D To check if its a good copy or not go out and take the style pictures that you bought this lens for. Use it thoroughly. Then when you get them home check that they are as sharp as you would imagine all through the image and if you are happy with it then, its a good copy.

You could check it technically as I'm sure somebody will come along and advise but I wouldnt worry unduly if it produces nice sharp images and performs in a way which you are happy with.

Well done :D To check if its a good copy or not go out and take the style pictures that you bought this lens for. Use it thoroughly. Then when you get them home check that they are as sharp as you would imagine all through the image and if you are happy with it then, its a good copy.

You could check it technically as I'm sure somebody will come along and advise but I wouldnt worry unduly if it produces nice sharp images and performs in a way which you are happy with.

Totally agree. It's possible to get carried away with pixel peeping rather than wondering whether it could be a tad sharper etc. etc. and become an obsession :nono:

Sorry if I'm teaching you to suck eggs, but don't forget DSLR images do require extra sharpening, especially if you shoot in RAW, so take your shots and see whether Photoshop etc. etc. takes sharpening well. Look at the final results, then judge.

Hope this helps (y)

Back