Heightened Airport Security

Can't in all honesty see the rules on hand luggage being relaxed to any huge extent now. Whilst I can see them letting things like books and magazines through in a week or so, I gather that it has already been hinted at that the days of anything electronic being allowed as hand luggage are over.

Bet the makers of those Peli (?) cases are in for a good year profit-wise!

I've made it there and back. :clap: Not much of a delay either. 45 minutes delay outbound and 1 hour delay inbound last night.

I guess everyone was prepared for the situation on Friday and things were flowing pretty well at Stansted.

We were allowed hand luggage on the way back.

Berlin was great fun! (y)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4790003.stm

i wonder if BAA would care to perhaps compensate me for the fact that the rucsac i bought because it could be used as hand luggage on a plane with my camera and laptop in it...... is not over the new size guidelines

why are they so stupid to not see that its not the size of the handluggage thats the problem, its security not picking up on suspect items.

agreed the makers of these peli cases and stuff are going to beniefit, as are the plane operators (reduced baggage etc), as are the luggage manufacturers as everyone is forced to buy new stuff because BA cant do its job properly..... oh and the laptop manufacturers will gain from companys having to buy staff smaller laptops which fit within the new regulations.... the people that loose out, well thats ****ing us at the end of the day isnt it, the normal kosha people who aint gonna get onto a plane and blow the **** out of it...

and until improvments are made to the security and treatment of hold luggage by airport baggage handlers and a more secure method of returning luggage to us than the easy to steal from luggage carosel.... how the **** am i supposed to take my camera gear on holiday with me???

hehe *dons rubber gloves*

did anyone listen to radio 2 today when they were discussing it, loads of folks phoned in saying "stop and search all asian looking people as its them thats the problem" so funny, narrowminded indivicuals who see that the actions of a few mean that all are guilty which is quite frankly rediculous!

some bloke even went so far as to say that it was young people that were the problem and we should only stop those who loook young and shifty. great idea.....

im sure they all had NF tatoo'd uponst their foreheads... although possibly they had "idiot" written instead

I'm off to Norway on Friday and can now take my Pelicase 1450 which will hold my 1DMk2, 70-200, 2x TC, 550ex, batteries and memory cards, it's just (well maybe 1cm thicker than the specs so will report back on Sunday when I'm back home.

Carl.

Back