Beginner Hello All - Newbie Advice Wanted

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello all,

I'm new to the forum and new to photography. I'm looking for advice on a Nikon S7000 in particular.
I like to go to gigs a lot in venues like Brixton Academy and Nottingham Rock City, but like to stay fairly far back so I'm not jostling to keep "my space". My phone's camera isn't quite cutting it. The zoom isn't great and I end up with pictures that don't do the gig justice. Particularly as they're all in low-light settings.
I'd also like a camera for holiday snaps. Again, I use my phone whenever I go on holiday, which is fine but could definitely be improved. However, I'm still wanting to stay in the 'point n' click' range. I like the simple life and if a camera can produce decent pics without me fiddling with settings then that's right up my ally.

A Nikon Coolpix S7000 has recently cropped up locally for £60 in 'like new' condition. But, knowing naff all about cameras, I was wondering if this might be suitable. It appears to have a large optical zoom (sounds good!) and I can get spare batteries for £5 each on Amazon (also sounds good!)
How would this camera do in a low-light rock gig? And is it worth the money?

Also, locally, is a Kodak PixPro AZ422 for £80 and a Samsung NX1000 for £100. Would either of these give me significantly more honey for my money?
I don't really want to spend any more than that as I'm furloughed and therefore relatively broke right now.

Thanks,

Andhi

Back