Hello all!

Name
Mike Simpson
Edit My Images
Yes
This forum came recommended from another forum i visit, so thought i would head over here and register.

I have recently decided a needed a creative hobby, and have always been keen on photography. So in December i purchased my first DSLR, the Nikon D40 with 18-55 kit lens. I wasn't sure what camera to go for, buying second hand was daunting, and after reading reviews on the D40 that it was an excellent first time dslr, i bit the bullet and went for it. Already after 1 month I'm starting to regret it, not because its a bad camera, but the choice of lens is very limiting.

Before i got the d40, the only photos i was taking was "point and shoot" with a 2mp fufafidjaroo thingy. :thumbsdown: So moving to a dslr was a huge step up, and i'm so glad i did it. Although, i wish i chose a less expensive hobby, i already have the upgrade bug.... :woot:

Well I'm sure i will have hundreds of annoying questions to ask in the future, and by having a quick look around the forums, I'm sure i will get the answers :D

I thought i would post a couple of my favourite photos i have taken over the last month, C&C welcome. I haven't read up on the rules of image posting yet, so if theres a problem let me know and i'll remove them.

(y) welcome and very nice shots (y)

Welcome aboard. :) Nice shots but they exceed our forum limit of 800 pixels on the longest side for hot linked images. You can either resize the images or just remove the img tags and leave the clickable links.

Sorry about that, i've fixed the images, and displayed as thumbnails.

Thankyou for the welcome comments!

Hello and :welcome: to TP Forums Alex ... (y)

Very nice starter images ... shame they are so small ... :D

:p

:welcome: xxx

PS: your pics are far too good IMO , I'm off :coat: . . . ;)

hullo

welcome along, glad you managed to get in ok during our server move

Ah, so this is where you were hiding cykey :wave:

Thanks for the warm welcome all :D

Hello, welcome and may you stay and chat long!!

Cracking shots in your first post too!!(y)

Back