Hello All.

Edit My Images
Yes
Im new to this forum and new photography.

TBH I have signed up for some advice. I am thinking of taking a course to start with. I have looked into costs of digital SLR's and :eek:. How much!!!!!!!!

Well I spoke to the college who also do a traditional ie film course. So can anyone reccomend a camera that I could start with and bearing in mind I earn 200 quid a week and have no savings so It really does need to be quite cheap but still give me the ability to take decent photos. Any way I hope your a friendly bunch. If I go ahead Ill definately hang around here and show off some work and get advice from you all.

Byeeeee for now

Hiya :wave:
Welcome to TPF

I started the college course route but didnt get into it as I wasnt expecting to have to use film (was advertised as Digital Photography).
There were several peeps at the college who were at the end of their courses and selling on their film cameras at very reasonable prices, so that may be something to look out for, also Ive heard that some colleges lend them out (not mine).
Ive also seen second-hand film cameras for sale at my local Jessops.
Maybe worth keeping an eye on the Classifieds in your local paper as well as here, as they do crop up from time to time.

Good luck :)

Welcome

You can pick a reasonable film camera up cheaply on good old EBAY, The local college here runs the City and Guilds 6922 beginner course and although designed for film will allow the use of digital cameras.

You can also pick up a reason canon 300d for not too much money when you have saved up a bit ... look here

Ebay 300D digital cameras UK only

Hi and welcome :wave:

Hiya :)

Back