hello and intro

tam

Edit My Images
No
Hello everyone!

Until 5 yrs ago, I had only ever used a point and click film camera. I've taken a few nice photos. Then I met a nice guy with a digital point and click. We've now been married 3 yrs. :love: And my picture taking improved, too. Ofcourse, my hubby also loves computers, so he's introduced me to the lovely adobe photoshop 7 programme.

Due to an inheritance 1.5 yrs ago, I was able to purchase a canon rebel XT DSLR and a few gadgets along with it (Including a book on how to use it effectively). I also inherited the family photos.

I'm a self-taught nature photographer, and the family photographer too. :LOL: It helps that I'm a licensed wildlife rehabber, so I can get upclose and personal with some of my subjects.

I did not get any filters (other than UV), for my camera, so now I'm working on getting those (Polarizer and GND). I also need new eye glasses, as mine are scratched horrendously (this will help with focusing). I do have a nice tripod and a monopod too.

I just play with my camera, but I'm pretty good at it, although I honestly have no idea what fstop I use, or any of the other technical stuff. I'd love to take a photography course, but that's way out of my budget at this time.

I live in Ontario, Canada, and am married to a man from the Dundee / Fife (UK) area. I have 3 children (with 2 in-laws) a 3 yr old grand-daughter, and my second grandchild is due at any moment. 2 of my children have neurological disorders, like Tourette syndrome, ADHD etc and I homeschooled them for 6 yrs.

We have 2 dogs and a cat, as pets. I live in a large farm house in the country, with my hubby and youngest (15.5yrs).

I also scrapbook, and make many different types of arts and crafts (a quilt, braided rug, imitation stained glass window and a stepping stone are my present projects). I'm also working on a book.

I work with medically fragile individuals, both in a group home and in a private home. I have 3 websites while working on a 4th, and am starting a small photo biz with my daughter. (Kind of a catalogue sale of our pics).

I'm never bored, and we always have some kind of adventure happening.

Nice to meet you!

Hi Tam :wave:

Welcome to TPF ... really looking forward to seeing some of those wildlife shots.
Im sure you'll find you have much in common with our Marianne, who is also quite crafty. :)

hello :)

Stick around here and those fstop mysteries will slowly disappear :)

Hi and welcome :wave:

Back