Hello everyone!

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

My name is Jon, I'm in the forces where I have been fortunate enough to qualify around 2009 as a Crime Scene Investigator as part of my job - it was here that my existing light interest in photography really took hold (probably because I was being taught to actually understand photography and a camera for the first time, as opposed to just messing about).

I then spent a few years doing work related photography which didn't interest me too much, but in the last year or so I've really warmed to the idea of wedding and portrait photography. Like so many before me, this is a field I would like to move into eventually. I have about 8 years left in the forces so the idea is that I will immerse myself in photography as much as possible now (I'm currently deployed so I have about 9 months where I can do a lot of reading, video watching etc), whilst starting to establish a business so that by the time I leave I can hit the ground running.

I've browsed around this forum a bit before signing up and it seems full of people that love photography and a really want to learn and help each other, as opposed to some sites that people simply use to try and plug themselves and put others down. I'm here to be a sponge, to learn as much as possible, to share my experiences, and maybe even help others too.

I'd particularly like to learn about post production, as well as establishing a business and anything relating to wedding and portrait shooting. I'm from the UK, originally from Lincolnshire but currently living and working near Salisbury (which is where I'll be hoping to meet some awesome people in due course for second shooting!).

Look forward to speaking with you all.

Hi Jon :welcome: to the forum :wave:

May sound odd but I'm looking forward to seeing some images of yours ;)

Needless to say I won't be putting any work images up! Haha. As for everything else - landscapes, portraits etc - I am just starting out so a long way to go yet!

Hi Jon, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums. "Enjoy".

welcome to the family from a ex- para and now wedding photographer :)

Les

Last edited by a moderator:
Back