Hello everyone

Name
XABA
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm Zee, and I have developed some love for studio portraiture, I'm still learning a few things about how to control the lights in studio. But I'm not sure if which type of lighting to use if I want to achieve something similar to this.

Attachments

• download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    6.1 KB · Views: 51
I'm Zee, and I have developed some love for studio portraiture, I'm still learning a few things about how to control the lights in studio. But I'm not sure if which type of lighting to use if I want to achieve something similar to this.

Hi Zee- Perhps you could uoload a larger image of your OWN work and we can help from there - the image you postedis far too small to give a definitive answer

Usual format wouild be a jpg at no more than 1024 pixels along the longest edge

Like this one of mine

fWVVKR6.jpg

Les :)

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a beautiful portraiture. I love how clean you background is, leaving all the focus to be on your model. It's a beautifully detailed image.

I will try and upload one if not two images over the weekend, nothing edited as yet and I'd love to hear your feedback.

This is a beautiful portraiture. I love how clean you background is, leaving all the focus to be on your model. It's a beautifully detailed image.

I will try and upload one if not two images over the weekend, nothing edited as yet and I'd love to hear your feedback.

Thank you and yes of course I'd be happy to help out anyway I can fella :) Just ask

Les

Ps I like to add a little drama to portraits too- both studio shots

SbO8tpC.jpg

sZKKW43.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Zee,

For the look that you showed in your first post, a gray or black backdrop and a single 4 X 5' soft box light source to the left of the camera and about 45 degrees to the model. If you don't have a soft box this large, 2 smaller soft boxes, one above the other, could be used, if it's important to evenly light them head to toe. You will want it 3-5' back from them, but experimenting with this distance and light level will be necessary. The actual light could be a speedlite, monolight strobe, or continuous light source to drive the soft box. Careful feathering of the soft box will achieve a wrap-around of some of the light to the model's left side, but most will light their right side. The feathering will also reduce light hitting the backdrop. If your soft box doesn't provide enough light to the model's left side, a reflector (foam core board) could be held my an assistant to reflect some of the soft box light to the model's left side. Experimenting will be needed for position and distance to get the best result. There are many ways to achieve this look, but this way uses the least equipment.

Charley

Zee,

For the look that you showed in your first post, a gray or black backdrop and a single 4 X 5' soft box light source to the left of the camera and about 45 degrees to the model. If you don't have a soft box this large, 2 smaller soft boxes, one above the other, could be used, if it's important to evenly light them head to toe. You will want it 3-5' back from them, but experimenting with this distance and light level will be necessary. The actual light could be a speedlite, monolight strobe, or continuous light source to drive the soft box. Careful feathering of the soft box will achieve a wrap-around of some of the light to the model's left side, but most will light their right side. The feathering will also reduce light hitting the backdrop. If your soft box doesn't provide enough light to the model's left side, a reflector (foam core board) could be held my an assistant to reflect some of the soft box light to the model's left side. Experimenting will be needed for position and distance to get the best result. There are many ways to achieve this look, but this way uses the least equipment.

Charley
Thank you so much

Back