South-East England Hello from a wet Easter weekend!

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all

I was scouring the web for a friendly photographic forum to join and found this one, which seems to fit the bill!

My late father was a professional photographer (pre-digital) and as a child, I spent many hours with him in the darkroom with enlarger, developer and fixer as he sought that perfect image. Over the years, he had several photographs hang at the Royal Photographic Society, which made me proud! Unfortunately, he made the familiar parental mistake of forcing his interest on me, which drove me away from photography for many years. However, with the onset of pro-sumer digital cameras, cheaper computers and reasonably-priced editing software, my interest was sparked and I began to take pictures of my main passion - military aircraft.

I am branching out this weekend and will be visiting Brands Hatch for the British Touring Car Championship. I have never attended any form of motor sport before, and look forward to putting my well-honed panning skills to the test!

I look forward to sharing some of my images with the members here and will gratefully receive and advice and guidance.

Happy Easter. :)

Hi and welcome to tp. I an certain you will find lots of info and useful advice on here.

Thanks very much for the welcome, vetonbike. I very much look forward to becoming an active member of the forum.

Hi, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums."Enjoy".

Thanks very much for your welcome G.K.Jnr. I hope to post a few images taken at Brands Hatch tomorrow on Monday.

Thanks very much for your welcome G.K.Jnr. I hope to post a few images taken at Brands Hatch tomorrow on Monday.

Enjoy yourself at Brands it's quite a good place to start off with motor sport photography. It's something I do quite a bit of and I was lucky enough to be working last weekend at the Malaysian GP.

George.

Enjoy yourself at Brands it's quite a good place to start off with motor sport photography. It's something I do quite a bit of and I was lucky enough to be working last weekend at the Malaysian GP.

George.

Thanks George. I have done some research, and decided to get there early and head for inside Druids and stay there all day. I know that I will risk some "samey" images, but am prepared to risk that as it will be my first foray into motor sport photography! I quite fancy the truck-racing at some point!

I hope you had a good time at the Malaysian GP.

Welcome to the forums and enjoy your first trip at Brands Hatch.

Thanks for the welcome sbowler579. I must confess that I'm getting quite excited now, although the weather forecast for tomorrow isn't particularly inspiring!

Hi and welcome to the forum :wave:

Thanks Norkie. I am presently wading through the several thousand images from the BTCC at Brands Hatch yesterday - not that many "keepers" so far!

I kinda know the feeling, did BSB at Snetterton last year, took loads of piccies but not a great deal of success :(

Back